The Student Room Group

2015 Asset Management / Trading Graduate Programs

Scroll to see replies

Hi Guys,

I have a face to face interview with SLI in their Edinburgh office for the investment risk trainee.

Can anyone shed light on the interview process please ?
Original post by mikewall
Hi Guys,

I have a face to face interview with SLI in their Edinburgh office for the investment risk trainee.

Can anyone shed light on the interview process please ?

Hi. When did you hear from SLI? I'm still waiting to hear back about the equities position...
I heard back on Monday.
Original post by mikewall
I heard back on Monday.

Thanks
Hi, I'm a first year and I have an interview with a Hedge Fund/Alternative Asset Management Firm on the 31st for the summer. I have no experience of any sort with the HF/AM recruitment process, so what should I do to prepare? Or sort of questions I should be focusing on? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Hi, I'm a first year and I have an interview with a Hedge Fund/Alternative Asset Management Firm on the 31st for the summer. I have no experience of any sort with the HF/AM recruitment process, so what should I do to prepare? Or sort of questions I should be focusing on? Thanks in advance.

Wow! Congrats man! What are you studying and at which uni out of interest - not many first years get hedge fund internships as far as i know!

If it is a telephone interview, it will probably be competency based ie leadership / teamwork / a bit about yourself and why you match the criteria etc Look up the M&I competency interview guidelines - that'll help you out a lot especially if this is your first experience of an internship interview!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tazza ma razza
Wow! Congrats man! What are you studying and at which uni out of interest - not many first years get hedge fund internships as far as i know!

If it is a telephone interview, it will probably be competency based ie leadership / teamwork / a bit about yourself and why you match the criteria etc Look up the M&I competency interview guidelines - that'll help you out a lot especially if this is your first experience of an internship interview!

Don't congratulate me just yet, I haven't got the job :tongue:. Economics at Cambridge.

It's in person :s-smilie:... Not my first interview experience but my first for HF/AM and I heard they differ a lot to say banking for example.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Don't congratulate me just yet, I haven't got the job :tongue:. Economics at Cambridge.

It's in person :s-smilie:... Not my first interview experience but my first for HF/AM and I heard they differ a lot to say banking for example.

haha no surprise there then! Check out M&I HF/AM interview stuff or if you know the name of the firm you're applying to (which i am sure you do) check it out on canarywharfian - they have an interview break down guide. If not, look up HF/AM interview questions. If it is in person, it is more likely to be technical I.e more about the firm and more about what a HF/AM firm does and they'll ask you some industry related questions eg what do you understand by IRR or DCF? What are qualities of financial statements etc
Anybody had a phone interview for Allianz global investors and got any tips/questions that were asked?
Original post by ravenmarsch
Anybody had a phone interview for Allianz global investors and got any tips/questions that were asked?

I had one a few weeks back:

Questions were focused on my motivation for AllianzGI + Investment Management, background/experience during Uni and a couple of standard competency questions. One which I specifically remember was 'Tell me when you've shown integrity'.

I would also ensure you are clear why you want to work in asset management and be aware of issues the industry is currently facing.

Good Luck!
If anybody has tips for the f2f interview with AllianzGI I would be very grateful!
Original post by BillGross
I had one a few weeks back:

Questions were focused on my motivation for AllianzGI + Investment Management, background/experience during Uni and a couple of standard competency questions. One which I specifically remember was 'Tell me when you've shown integrity'.

I would also ensure you are clear why you want to work in asset management and be aware of issues the industry is currently facing.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info. So no stock pitches or where would you invest or how did the S&P do last year type of questions?
Original post by ravenmarsch
Thanks for the info. So no stock pitches or where would you invest or how did the S&P do last year type of questions?

I did get one investment question, and I remember it was hard to answer because of the way it was asked. Something like - how would you decide whether to buy or short a stock?

The phone interview was not very technical, however I expect the next round will be.
Final Round at F&C coming up, anybody had experience with this?
Reply 375
Did anyone hear back from Standard Life Investments - Equities Graduate Programme?
Original post by Quatze
Did anyone hear back from Standard Life Investments - Equities Graduate Programme?

Still waiting...
anyone had or about to have a telephone interview with Insight Investment for the investment grad role? would greatly appreciate any feedback.

thanks
Original post by banker1234
anyone had or about to have a telephone interview with Insight Investment for the investment grad role? would greatly appreciate any feedback.

thanks

I've been invited for an assessment centre with Insight Investment.

Anybody else been or know what to expect?
Original post by zhangchongjun
Just got rejection from BR for my first division, seems they just reject the first one and my second division (quantitative risk) still under consideration...

How did the interviews go?

And do the quantitative risk division work closely with portfolio managers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending