The Student Room Group

2015 Asset Management / Trading Graduate Programs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Up !
Did anyone heard back from M&G, Schroders, Fidelity, Blackrock, Ruffer, MS IM and so on ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Some of the AM firms offer summer internship for first years, anyone have any experience for it? And does the 'target' schools for IB apply to AM too?
Anybody heard from Fidelity fixed income yet? Also just sent M&G, how far in the recruitment process are people in with M&G?
Did video interviews with blackrock and M&G last week, haven't heard back since then.....
Original post by lee_jayden_1
Did video interviews with blackrock and M&G last week, haven't heard back since then.....

What division for blackrock?
Original post by 360master
What division for blackrock?

Risk n quants analysis
Reply 386
Did my video interview with Schroders two weeks ago (never received any tests for some reason btw although are supposed to be taken before the interview). Has anyone heard back from them?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
I'm in the same boat as you. Took my video interview a little over 2 weeks ago, and I'm yet to hear back from them. I've read that ACs are running for risk and other areas, but heard nothing specifically about Investments yet. I'm certainly not getting my hopes up at this point, though
Reply 388
Original post by seizethecheese
I'm in the same boat as you. Took my video interview a little over 2 weeks ago, and I'm yet to hear back from them. I've read that ACs are running for risk and other areas, but heard nothing specifically about Investments yet. I'm certainly not getting my hopes up at this point, though

Got my official rejection today.
Reply 389
Original post by seizethecheese

hi, just got a video interview invite for investments and I was wondering how it went for you guys, what kind of questions came up?

was it largely competency and company awareness focussed? did you find it tough?

greatly appreciate any help as I have until tomorrow to complete!! :s-smilie:
Reply 390
Original post by tunza1
hi, just got a video interview invite for investments and I was wondering how it went for you guys, what kind of questions came up?

was it largely competency and company awareness focussed? did you find it tough?

greatly appreciate any help as I have until tomorrow to complete!! :s-smilie:

Well I did mine for Schroders and it was 6 questions pure competency, I dont remember any commercial awareness ones. I personally found it tough, possibly due to the fact that it was my first video interview.

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Reply 391
Original post by KTS89
Well I did mine for Schroders and it was 6 questions pure competency, I dont remember any commercial awareness ones. I personally found it tough, possibly due to the fact that it was my first video interview.

Στάλθηκε από το LG-D855 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

ok thanks for the info, will prepare for all scenarios but focus on competency I guess
Reply 392
Has anyone contacted Aviva Investors regarding their summer internship via the email provided? It says they cater for final year undergrad and masters students, but there is a hard requirement of being available in July for the internship.

I have been trying to contact them to ask if there is flexibility with the dates to accommodate masters students (because who the hell has finished a 12 month September-September MSc in the middle of July?). No reply so far - and I’ve tried 3 times. I am curious whether anyone has had success contacting them or has just gone ahead and applied stating that they won’t be available until late August for example?
Hi, I'm wondering why have you chosen AM specifically as opposed to IB or any other division? Interested in what peoples own personal reasons are!
Reply 394
has anyone heard anything about schroders assessment center for the 2016 summer internship program?
Original post by makrxx
Some of the AM firms offer summer internship for first years, anyone have any experience for it? And does the 'target' schools for IB apply to AM too?

Which ones - I am aware of Ingenious but that is about it!
Original post by AstosDG
has anyone heard anything about schroders assessment center for the 2016 summer internship program?

Hi, i havent yet. Starting to get worried now haha!
Reply 397
Original post by odavies5
Hi, i havent yet. Starting to get worried now haha!

Yeah me too XD but i don't know anyone that has been contacted for the Investment management program..

Please contact me if you get any update

Is that possible Schroders take so much time?
Original post by AstosDG
Yeah me too XD but i don't know anyone that has been contacted for the Investment management program..

Please contact me if you get any update

Is that possible Schroders take so much time?

I will do if i hear anything. I guess it is possible they could take this long. How many people do you know that havent heard yet?

Lets just keep our fingers crossed!
Someone on the 2016 Summer Internship thread said they heard back for Risk. Apparently they call you on the phone to invite you. Haven't heard of anyone being invited for Investments AC yet.
Original post by odavies5
I will do if i hear anything. I guess it is possible they could take this long. How many people do you know that havent heard yet?

Lets just keep our fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending