The Student Room Group

I cheated on my boyfriend, please help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Need some impartial advise on what to do :frown:

So been dating and in a relationship with a guy for like 2 months prior to going uni. The first month we made every effort to see each other at weekends and but he seemed to get really off and not interested so I naturally assumed he was detaching himself as there is a 4 hour drive between us.

So over this weekend he decided last minute he was going out Friday and coming up on Saturday so I thought wow its happening were definitely breaking up as we've been very distant with practically no communication.

I went out Friday and all the girls from my dorm were supporting me telling me it will be fine if we break up and the guys in the dorm next to us and one who on freshers week had asked me to go on a date with him[Which I rejected as I had boyfriend]

He paid me loads of compliments and was very supportive, I was so drunk that we ended up kissing and I instantly rejected him which he understood but was still very kind. After like over 6 hours spent dancing, drinking heavily and laughing together lots of chemistry built and ultimately we slept together. Took each others numbers and agreed once I had sorted everything out and knew were my head was at i'd give him a call and take it from there as he wants to date me.

So my boyfriend came up and we were discussing breaking up and he wanted to hear none of it and told me he'd been to the doctors as he suffers with depression but was back on the anti depressants, he was super apologetic as he knew he'd been pushing me away and was expressing his love and was very romantic all for the 2 days we spent together. I was crying that Sunday and he thinks its because of how everything been but in fact because I know I have probably ruined the nicest guy to ever come in my life and I do completely love him.

I can not believe what I have done tbh, I have never cheated in my life and I know if I was at home with my friends this would have never have happened I think I might have got caught up with freshers and all the new people in my life.

Do I tell him and hope he forgives me or under the circumstances is it ok to forget it ever happened ?

Damn, 4 hours away. That's like a voyage.

Telling him you slept with someone isn't going to make anything better, just break up with him and keep it to yourself. No need to kick the guy in the balls after you break his heart.

And no, you don't love someone if it only takes some booze and 6 hours of dancing to forget who you love. So you'll get over it, only dated him for 2 months.
Reply 41
it doesnt mean anything, why do people make such a big deal of this. its an open relationship, dont take it too seriously. have fun and be free to do what u want. what the point in telling him. just creates unnecessary drama.
Original post by Stinkum
it doesnt mean anything, why do people make such a big deal of this. its an open relationship, dont take it too seriously. have fun and be free to do what u want. what the point in telling him. just creates unnecessary drama.

It isn't an open relationship if all people involved have not happily agreed to it.
Reply 43
There's no excuse for cheating. You should feel ashamed, and I really mean that. I have no sympathy for you at all. Coming from someone who has been cheated on before, you should damn right tell your boyfriend what happened. You certainly shouldn't get with or continue to communicate to the guy you slept with. Nasty piece of work cheaters!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Honey whatever happened that same drunk day.. stays in that day okay?... Rule no. 1 always reject you ever chested.. even if he happens to catch you out... even if he has seen u do it... you always say it wasn't me or i did mot do it... that brings hope to your relationship and plus if you're never going to cheat on him again then i dont think there is need for him to tell him because you yourself are too harsh on yourself... anyways forget you ever done it. think of it as a dream and slowly forget it like you forget dreams and yup that's pretty much all.. Good luck andd stay safe :smile:
Don't get drunk!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ivelina
Honey whatever happened that same drunk day.. stays in that day okay?... Rule no. 1 always reject you ever chested.. even if he happens to catch you out... even if he has seen u do it... you always say it wasn't me or i did mot do it... that brings hope to your relationship and plus if you're never going to cheat on him again then i dont think there is need for him to tell him because you yourself are too harsh on yourself... anyways forget you ever done it. think of it as a dream and slowly forget it like you forget dreams and yup that's pretty much all.. Good luck andd stay safe :smile:

Are you actually serious?
Wow.
Original post by Ivelina

Holy ****. I feel dumber for reading that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending