The Student Room Group

Funniest thing you've ever got detention for?

Scroll to see replies

I nearly got detention from my pathetic Y11 tutor. She kept questioning about my personal life and basically made jokes about my medical issues in front of the tutor group. Got fed up in the end so I gave her a mouthful for it. I upset her that much she threw a tantrum like a 5-year old. Next day she called me back after the tutor session finished and threatened to give me detention because I never apologised for my behaviour. She also reported me to head of year because I apparently hurt HER feelings.

I guess she didn't think about how I felt when she thought it was acceptable to insult me over my disabilities. A few months later I found comments on Facebook she had typed about me, after I had left the institution.
Original post by KBradders
I nearly got detention from my pathetic Y11 tutor. She kept questioning about my personal life and basically made jokes about my medical issues in front of the tutor group. Got fed up in the end so I gave her a mouthful for it. I upset her that much she threw a tantrum like a 5-year old. Next day she called me back after the tutor session finished and threatened to give me detention because I never apologised for my behaviour. She also reported me to head of year because I apparently hurt HER feelings.

I guess she didn't think about how I felt when she thought it was acceptable to insult me over my disabilities. A few months later I found comments on Facebook she had typed about me, after I had left the institution.

That doesn't sound good. What exactly was she saying when she "joked" about medical issues?
For telling the teacher that my name is Louise not Louisa, apparently that is back-chatting....
Original post by RFowler
That doesn't sound good. What exactly was she saying when she "joked" about medical issues?

Basically she wanted heavy art tables moving every single tutor sessions for reading (which was highly unnecessary), I sometimes couldn't move the tables due to chest pain (because I have a heart condition). When I told her I couldn't move the tables she started shouting aloud in front of everyone asking what I have problems with, which is technically breaking confidentiality. She would shout across the classroom asking why I am going somewhere when I had just told her that I am going to a hospital appointment. She put her arm around me when I was walking to assembly, I told her to stop and she started calling me "grumpy".

It may seem petty, but at the end of the day all of this was amounting up making me feel as if I was a hypochondriac.
Reply 44
In year 7 we got a whole form detention because someone left a can of appletizer on the floor. Needless to say that person was very unpopular for a long time.
Reply 45
Writing out the lyrics to 'i just had sex' in every page of a friends planner. My head of year inspected it and concluded that the handwriting matched my own- needless to say it was very awkward explaining to her and my parents that they were song lyrics when they did not believe me :/
Launched a rubber across the room at my friend and got in the head
Just as the teacher walked in :unimpressed:
My music teacher gave me a 2hr detention for singing an african tribal song during a music performance.

Apparently it was too emotional or something along those lines.
I slipped and fell on my ass. Not sure how that warrants a detention but ok...
We had uniform check day in our tutor groups. One of friends was wearing the "wrong" type of shoes, and I felt sorry for her as she got caught the time before and I knew our tutor would pick on her. Just before our tutor told us to stand up, I swapped my shoes with hers (she had tiny feet btw) and the teacher came round to check everyone. We thought we were safe until she turned bright red and my other friend started giggling really loudly. At this point the teacher realised and gave the three of us detentions.
For going on yahoo during an IT lesson and watching a video about kim kardashian
I slapped a girl , and told her to shut the **** up. :L

She did deserve it , and no i don't hit girls.
Giving someone a piggy back ride in the corridor hahahha
my favourite detention slip which i have kept to this day which says "at the start of the lesson he opened a bag of popcorn and began eating" makes me chuckle.
Reply 54
Asking a teacher when his triplets were due.
Original post by silentshadows
^^

There was this kiosk on the way home from my school, I used to ram a stick into lock at the back of it, so person inside couldn't get out and had to crawl through tiny window in front. And I used to come in front and be like you can't get me, the person inside always got pissed :biggrin:

Kept doing it for weeks, this girl from my school snitched when saw me do it once, so I got detention. I was 7 I think.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 56
One time I accidentally knocked someone out with a fart :confused:
I did an Ollie on my skateboard in an old school building and a roof tile fell down and hit my friend on the head.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We was preparing to go to London the next day and I couldn't stop laughing every time "Cockfosters" was mentioned. The more I tried to stop myself the more I laughed. Got an hours detention for that. :frown:
When I was about 6/7, I started learning kickboxing. There was a teacher I was quite friendly with and he asked me to show him a few moves. I wasn't very good though, and nearly kicked him in the balls! Didn't carry on with martial arts after that mistake, took up football instead :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending