The Student Room Group

Funniest thing you've ever got detention for?

Scroll to see replies

For saying to my RE teacher that I don't believe in God when she asked someone of us our opinion on him. In fact, it was even worst in that I got put in an isolation unit for a day which is usually reserved for those who have done things like tried to beat teachers up or destroy the school.

My mum agreed wholeheartedly with the decisions like this one, and threatened to cut my hands off if I dare speak negatively of said teacher ever again.
I carried a snowball into another one of my detentions (a very smart idea). A girl I *ahem* quite liked at the time asked me to throw it to her, but was sat right in front of the teacher's desk. Not wanting my throw to be pathetic, I gave it a good bit of power.

It sailed over this girl's head and smashed right onto the piece of work my teacher happened to be marking (which I believe was my late piece of work). It bounced and smashed into a thousand ice crystals, angled straight into my teacher's face. She thought it was deliberate and screamed at me. My detention card said 'for hitting teacher with a snowball inside class'.
Original post by Norin
Accidentally took off my teachers wig.:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
In first school I got sent out of assembly for refusing to pray, welp. I was only like eight or so, :tongue:
Reply 84

Yeah laughed my arse off

Posted from TSR Mobile
i remember having detention for farting during a prayer being said in assembly the teachers went crazy with my all i could do is laugh
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by pinkteddyx64
For saying to my RE teacher that I don't believe in God when she asked someone of us our opinion on him. In fact, it was even worst in that I got put in an isolation unit for a day which is usually reserved for those who have done things like tried to beat teachers up or destroy the school.

My mum agreed wholeheartedly with the decisions like this one, and threatened to cut my hands off if I dare speak negatively of said teacher ever again.

You were given detention for saying you didn't believe in god, and your parents sided with the teacher? Are your parents religious?

Original post by Okkefac
In first school I got sent out of assembly for refusing to pray, welp. I was only like eight or so, :tongue:

Was this at a religious school or a normal primary school? I remember I never used to pray or sing along during our school assemblies (normal primary school) and no one ever noticed.
Spelling my name wrong. Would've been more of a big deal if I hadn't been in primary school at the time. Fml.
Original post by WishfulDesire
Spelling my name wrong. Would've been more of a big deal if I hadn't been in primary school at the time. Fml.

You got detention for spelling your name wrong??

Posted from TSR Mobile
For not turning up to the one that I was given before wouldn't have minded but it was the teacher that didn't show up to it!
Original post by Yeah dude
You got detention for spelling your name wrong??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah we were drawing ourselves and writing our name underneath for a school tea towel (we were cool) and I wrote 'Kaite' instead of Katie and I was screamed at for doing in on purpose to ruin things and had to stay in at break and I was real sad about that for a long time because I can't spell most things. Thank god for auto correct.
Yeah we were drawing ourselves and writing our name underneath for a school tea towel (we were cool) and I wrote 'Kaite' instead of Katie and I was screamed at for doing in on purpose to ruin things and had to stay in at break and I was real sad about that for a long time because I can't spell most things. Thank god for auto correct.

Lol, are you sure the teacher wasn't trolling? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Norin
Yeah laughed my arse off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was the person bald?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, are you sure the teacher wasn't trolling? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. She absolutely hated me. I was ill one time and we sat in circle time and I sneezed and she turned and yelled at me, asking if I was always that rude and I lost 15 minutes of my Friday afternoon Golden Time. :frown:
Reply 95
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Was the person bald?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had a comeover:biggrin: hardly any hair at the top
Nope. She absolutely hated me. I was ill one time and we sat in circle time and I sneezed and she turned and yelled at me, asking if I was always that rude and I lost 15 minutes of my Friday afternoon Golden Time. :frown:

Lol, my detention was for jumping and a roof tile fell, the teacher hated me so I got detention. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Norin
Had a comeover:biggrin: hardly any hair at the top

Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, my detention was for jumping and a roof tile fell, the teacher hated me so I got detention. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Screw teachers and their favouritism! lol
Reply 99
Original post by toonervoustotalk

Yep, i never pushed the wig off on purpose though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending