The Student Room Group

Struggling with AQA A2 Biology

I understand everything from all the topics we've done so far and I feel like I can apply okayish but when it comes to doing the past paper questions I read how things are worded on the markscheme and I am just like WTF. How do I learn to word things better? I don't want to learn the markscheme or anything as my teacher hates that.

I got a B at AS and I really want to turn that into an A.

Thanks!
Original post by ojj_12
I understand everything from all the topics we've done so far and I feel like I can apply okayish but when it comes to doing the past paper questions I read how things are worded on the markscheme and I am just like WTF. How do I learn to word things better? I don't want to learn the markscheme or anything as my teacher hates that.

I got a B at AS and I really want to turn that into an A.

Thanks!

I used to write just like you when I started year 13 last year. What I found really helpful was practicing the unit 5 essays and speaking out loud whilst answering the question. Unit 4 paper was the one I struggled with most

In the end I got an A* with 238/240 ums for my two written papers
Reply 2
Original post by ET247
I used to write just like you when I started year 13 last year. What I found really helpful was practicing the unit 5 essays and speaking out loud whilst answering the question. Unit 4 paper was the one I struggled with most

In the end I got an A* with 238/240 ums for my two written papers

Congrats on the A*! How did you end up revising for unit 4?
Original post by ojj_12
Congrats on the A*! How did you end up revising for unit 4?

Thanks, I did lots of questions that were in the old specification to really get the hang of exam technique

What exam board do you do? I think I might have some resources available
Reply 4
Original post by ET247
Thanks, I did lots of questions that were in the old specification to really get the hang of exam technique

What exam board do you do? I think I might have some resources available

I do AQA
Original post by ojj_12
I do AQA

I will send it to you if I still have them by sometime today

What are you thinking of doing at university?
Reply 6
Original post by ET247
I will send it to you if I still have them by sometime today

What are you thinking of doing at university?

Thank you! I wanted to do medicine but My AS results weren't that good so I'm focusing on getting the games deaths year and hopefully apply in a gap year.

What about you? What are you doing at uni?

Quick Reply

Latest