The Student Room Group

Politics Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by piecesofpiece
Apply to York! :smile:

Thank u so much! York indeed was one of my five choices at the beginning, but then I preferred applying to UCL. However do u know some others that could be at the same level of york (I mean in a slight bigger city :smile: like Manchester or Liverpool )?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cosimo96
Thank u so much! York indeed was one of my five choices at the beginning, but then I preferred applying to UCL. However do u know some others that could be at the same level of york (I mean in a slight bigger city :smile: like Manchester or Liverpool )?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try looking at one of the two Nottingham universities? Both in larger cities but accessible too!
Hey guys, before you make a decision on what uni you are choosing maybe check out:
#savesurreypol on twitter
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/anger-as-surrey-plans-to-slash-jobs-in-politics-department/2019118.article

Best of luck
Has anyone received any offers to study International Political Economy at City University London?
Original post by Cosimo96
Hi guys I desperately need your opinion. I'm an European student (Italy) and on january the 1st I applied for politics to edinburgh, st. andrews, UCL and KCL. So far I got rejected from London universities, and I'm guessing that maybe there will be negative outcomes even from the scottish ones ( UCL and KCL just told me they received too many applications, but mine had no faults actually). So I'm planning to apply to others through extra, but I need your opinions: According to my situation, which uni would u suggest me to apply for? I mean, a good one obviously but at the same time accessible. Thank u a lot

Top UK departments for politics/political science are (other than the London universities you mentioned): LSE, Oxford, Essex, Sheffield, Exeter, Durham, York. For IR, in Scotland, i'd also check St. Andrews and, in Wales, Aberystwyth.

Quick Reply

Latest