The Student Room Group
Reply 1
illumintai
Does it happen in both Oxbridge ?

No. Never, as far as I'm aware.
Reply 2
d750
No. Never, as far as I'm aware.

I'm not sure that's true. I think you might be able to if you've already done a degree in something similar.

"Candidates who are granted 'Senior Status' are exempt from the First Public Examination in Oxford and therefore may gain direct entry to the second year of the course. However, Senior Status is not automatically granted. The qualification for such status is an approved degree at an approved university obtained after courses extending over three years at that university."
Reply 3
RxB
I'm not sure that's true. I think you might be able to if you've already done a degree in something similar.

"Candidates who are granted 'Senior Status' are exempt from the First Public Examination in Oxford and therefore may gain direct entry to the second year of the course. However, Senior Status is not automatically granted. The qualification for such status is an approved degree at an approved university obtained after courses extending over three years at that university."

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about..what is a Senior status ? (I m international Student btw)

Ive got a conditional offer from LSE to read Management Sciences from Sept 2005.
Reply 4
illumintai
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about..what is a Senior status ? (I m international Student btw)

Ive got a conditional offer from LSE to read Management Sciences from Sept 2005.

Senor status is if you already have a degree and want to do a second undergrad degree
Reply 5
viviki
Senor status is if you already have a degree and want to do a second undergrad degree

Ill take that as "no" to my initial question . . .

Unless there is an alternative solution ?????
Reply 6
illumintai

If you have a degree from LSE but then want to do and Oxbridge undergraduate degree you may be able to start in the second year due to the content of your first degree.
Reply 7
I think you are allowed to go straight into PPE at second year level if you have done a degree elsewhere. I was possibly going to do that as I want to do some politics and philosophy and not having done it at undergrad would find a masters in politics too hard.
Reply 8
illumintai

Never heard of anyone skipping the first year (with the exception of affiliated / senior students). Why do you want to do that by the way? What do you hope to study?
Reply 9
d750
Never heard of anyone skipping the first year (with the exception of affiliated / senior students). Why do you want to do that by the way? What do you hope to study?

Wow I am terribly sorry I think there was a misunderstanding. my fault though.

I was wondering about transferring to Oxbridge from other Uni.
and if you see the UCAS form there is "Direct Entry to Second Year" box to tick. And thought that was the only way to get transferred from other Unis.

Can anyone tell me about transfer then ?

I really am sorry
Reply 10
illumintai

and if you see the UCAS form there is "Direct Entry to Second Year" box to tick. And thought that was the only way to get transferred from other Unis.

I really am sorry

Some people have gone from Oxford to other universities after their first year, joining in the second. But I don't think it's possible to go the other way. I think the box on the UCAS form may be there for Scottish universities. Scottish students can go to uni at 17, so English students have the chance to skip the first year.
Reply 11
illumintai

I really am sorry

Is it Oxford you're thinking of, by the way. Just guessing based on your name.

Latest

Trending

Trending