The Student Room Group
At least it's not as hard as FSMQ...
It isn't too bad, a lot of it is building on what you already know from GCSE maths. You'll be introduced to some AS and A-level topics, so if you're considering Maths and Further Maths A-levels, I would strongly advise it because it is very useful and will give you a head start when you start sixth form. The grade boundaries are pretty low so if you are good at and enjoy maths, then it's not hard to get a high grade.
Original post by Natalie0511

They are both cake tbh.

All level 2 quals are easy.
Reply 4
Original post by aerohotchoc
It isn't too bad, a lot of it is building on what you already know from GCSE maths. You'll be introduced to some AS and A-level topics, so if you're considering Maths and Further Maths A-levels, I would strongly advise it because it is very useful and will give you a head start when you start sixth form. The grade boundaries are pretty low so if you are good at and enjoy maths, then it's not hard to get a high grade.
cool how old are you?
Reply 5
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
They are both cake tbh.

All level 2 quals are easy.

okay...
Reply 6

Do you mean triple Science or what?
Reply 7
Original post by AlphaNick
no its just basic differentiation basic matrices basic trig identities and some hard circle theorem proofs

cool
Original post by OGGUS
Do you mean triple Science or what?

I mean OCR Additional maths (free standing maths qualification). It's harder, but with studying and revising both of them are perfectly achievable.
Reply 9
I mean OCR Additional maths (free standing maths qualification). It's harder, but with studying and revising both of them are perfectly achievable.

I'm doing AQA
Original post by OGGUS
cool how old are you?

I'm in Year 12 doing A level maths and further maths
Reply 11
Original post by aerohotchoc
I'm in Year 12 doing A level maths and further maths

cool, so how are you finding maths and further maths?
Original post by OGGUS
cool, so how are you finding maths and further maths?

I'm doing the full A Level maths this year (so as an accelerated A level) and then the whole Further Maths A level next year. Right now I'm enjoying it, it's not difficult and far more interesting that GCSE maths.
OCR Further Maths can be hard at first, you just need to get your head around it and you'll be fine. If you got an A* in the Maths GCSE like I did, it shouldn't be too bad....some parts will be challenging but if it wasn't what would be the point?

I also want to do Maths and Further at A Level :smile: good luck
i found level 2 fm easier than regular maths so i think you'll be just fine, coast even
Original post by 17agyecd
i found level 2 fm easier than regular maths so i think you'll be just fine, coast even

Why are you replying to a 7 year old thread? The OP will have graduated by now
Original post by Muttley79
Why are you replying to a 7 year old thread? The OP will have graduated by now

i didn't even realise lmao

Latest