The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

hi

Hi
Im interested in applying for drama next year at Hull but still a bit 50/50 due to hearing mixed reviews would anyone be able to tell me a little bit more about the facilities ( especially the living areas because I have a thing about hygiene) , the experience ( night life etc) and just about the course itself and if it is worth studying there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Please tell me you're from Newcastle??!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by stephaniehydex
Hi
Im interested in applying for drama next year at Hull but still a bit 50/50 due to hearing mixed reviews would anyone be able to tell me a little bit more about the facilities ( especially the living areas because I have a thing about hygiene) , the experience ( night life etc) and just about the course itself and if it is worth studying there.

Current first year. I can't tell you about your course, but I can tell you about other things.
Any negative thing you've heard about the city - false. It's a very nice and very friendly environment! I feel safer here than I did in my hometown.
The accommodation is based in Cottingham, a village about a 10 minute bus trip away from the university. You've got The Lawns - which is the best, due to the facilities (It's a very social area, with 1000 students on site), a communal dinner area, sports grounds, laundry, a state of the art gym, an on site bar etc. Some rooms also have en-suites, and all blocks are regularly cleaned, with rooms being cleaned once a week.
The Night life, there is ALWAYS something on. Typically it's:
Monday - Sugar Mill/Piper
Tuesday - Fusion (Super cheap drinks)
Wednesday - Tower at the Student Union club, Asylum (Direct buses there until 3am)
Thursday - Welly
Friday - Sugar
Saturday - Sugarmill/Brassick/Spiders
Sunday: Not much...sleep is for sundays. :wink:

Hope I helped! If you're at an open day, I'll be showing people around accommodation if you have any questions. :smile:
Original post by pierreboobvier
Current first year. I can't tell you about your course, but I can tell you about other things.
Any negative thing you've heard about the city - false. It's a very nice and very friendly environment! I feel safer here than I did in my hometown.
The accommodation is based in Cottingham, a village about a 10 minute bus trip away from the university. You've got The Lawns - which is the best, due to the facilities (It's a very social area, with 1000 students on site), a communal dinner area, sports grounds, laundry, a state of the art gym, an on site bar etc. Some rooms also have en-suites, and all blocks are regularly cleaned, with rooms being cleaned once a week.
The Night life, there is ALWAYS something on. Typically it's:
Monday - Sugar Mill/Piper
Tuesday - Fusion (Super cheap drinks)
Wednesday - Tower at the Student Union club, Asylum (Direct buses there until 3am)
Thursday - Welly
Friday - Sugar
Saturday - Sugarmill/Brassick/Spiders
Sunday: Not much...sleep is for sundays. :wink:

Hope I helped! If you're at an open day, I'll be showing people around accommodation if you have any questions. :smile:

Wow thanks for this as I will be applying for Biology at Hull.
Reply 4
Original post by heavyhandscott
Wow thanks for this as I will be applying for Biology at Hull.

i'll look at ICT there

Quick Reply

Latest