The Student Room Group

Manchester met accomodation

I was thinking of staying at cavendish halls as they are the cheapest in manchester so whats it like? Is it clean? Or should i save up and go to the other halls

Scroll to see replies

You should save your life and get a degree from a proper University
Original post by Jakslater96
I was thinking of staying at cavendish halls as they are the cheapest in manchester so whats it like? Is it clean? Or should i save up and go to the other halls

They are very basic I hear - might be best to spend a little more.

Original post by WeedCanKill
You should save your life and get a degree from a proper University

Not exactly what was asked ...
Original post by AmyPilot

Not exactly what was asked ...

Best advice though.
Reply 4
Best advice though.

How is mmu not a proper uni? What university do you go to then?
How is mmu not a proper uni? What university do you go to then?

Well it's hardly the hardest to get into, as long as your IQ is over 70 they'll have you.

I went to University of Newcastle.
it completely depends what course you want to do as to how low the requirements are. mmu is a good university, you're just being stuck up!!
Original post by robynofficer97
it completely depends what course you want to do as to how low the requirements are. mmu is a good university, you're just being stuck up!!

League tables don't lie. And I have a few friends who went to MMU and they have all said how useless their degree was (even in Engineering, Website Development, CompSci etc) because it's from MMU. The guy who got a first in Engineering is now desperately trying to get on a post grad at a half decent University. Please OP, consider looking for other more valuable Universities before dedicating years of your life to MMU.
League tables don't lie. And I have a few friends who went to MMU and they have all said how useless their degree was (even in Engineering, Website Development, CompSci etc) because it's from MMU. The guy who got a first in Engineering is now desperately trying to get on a post grad at a half decent University. Please OP, consider looking for other more valuable Universities before dedicating years of your life to MMU.

no, no, obviously I know it's not the best and that is fair enough but I think it's a bit harsh how you worded it because it sounds like you're saying that only stupid people with low IQs go there...
Cavendish Halls are very basic, try for Cambridge Halls.

Well I'm doing just fine, u mad?
no, no, obviously I know it's not the best and that is fair enough but I think it's a bit harsh how you worded it because it sounds like you're saying that only stupid people with low IQs go there...

Where did I actually say that? Because if I remember correctly, I said...

Well it's hardly the hardest to get into, as long as your IQ is over 70 they'll have you.

Now, where in there does it say ONLY low IQ people go there? I thought I commented on the types of people MMU are willing to accept, hey ho...
Where did I actually say that? Because if I remember correctly, I said...

Now, where in there does it say ONLY low IQ people go there? I thought I commented on the types of people MMU are willing to accept, hey ho...

okay, clearly I misread what it said. Sorry.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord

Well I'm doing just fine, u mad?

Not at all, if anything I'm quite pleased for you :-) of course, "fine" is very subjective...
okay, clearly I misread what it said. Sorry.

No worries, it's easily done :-)
Reply 14
No worries, it's easily done :-)

Erm... Going back to the subject i was also thinking of going to teeside instead of mmu to do games programming would you say that teeside is better?
Erm... Going back to the subject i was also thinking of going to teeside instead of mmu to do games programming would you say that teeside is better?

Teesside might be an ok option but video game design isn't very employable unless you go to one.of the top ten or so UK Universities
Reply 16
Teesside might be an ok option but video game design isn't very employable unless you go to one.of the top ten or so UK Universities

Im not doing design im doing programming that course is high employment
hiya, can anybody tell me what Briarfields halls is like in terms of being social?? I know that Cambridge has a reputation of being the really social and party halls so I was wondering what briarfields was like in comparison because I really want that but I also want an ensuite which Cambridge doesn't have?? Obviously I'm willing to compromise the ensuite if it's not as social but yeah :smile: thank you in advance
Reply 18
Best advice though.

University of Newcastle is hardly Oxford is it mate?
Original post by RussmanG
University of Newcastle is hardly Oxford is it mate?

Nope, but it's hardly MMU, and I think that's more important.

Quick Reply

Latest