The Student Room Group

URGENT. Transfer from Edinburgh to KCL/UCL

Hi! I'm a month into my course, and I realised that I want to transfer to London.
The only question I have is will I be able to transfer? A month isn't much, and there's more than enough time to learn all I need to know (in my opinion).

Realistically, do I have any chances?

P.S. I'm doing business Management and KCL will only allow transfers back into the 1st year. That said, it's only been a month.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
You should give them a call.
Did you get the grades for the KCL/UCL courses? Also check any GCSE requirements
Reply 3
dvm
OP
Original post by babouskha
You should give them a call.

I will tomorrow!
Reply 4
dvm
OP
Original post by infairverona
Did you get the grades for the KCL/UCL courses? Also check any GCSE requirements

Not really, I got AAB while you're supposed to get AAA, but I have a great CV.
Ok, thanks, I'll have a look.
Original post by dvm
Not really, I got AAB while you're supposed to get AAA, but I have a great CV.
Ok, thanks, I'll have a look.

When I tried to transfer in my first month UCL and Kings both didn't care about your CV, they wanted to know if you met the A level grades or not. I don't know if that's changed but I would imagine it's unlikely they will accept a transfer student with lower grades, otherwise loads of people would be trying to do that when they didn't get the right grades. Worth an email though.
Reply 6
dvm
OP
Original post by infairverona
When I tried to transfer in my first month UCL and Kings both didn't care about your CV, they wanted to know if you met the A level grades or not. I don't know if that's changed but I would imagine it's unlikely they will accept a transfer student with lower grades, otherwise loads of people would be trying to do that when they didn't get the right grades. Worth an email though.

Thanks for your advice! I'll definitely give them a call tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending