The Student Room Group

Changing course

So I'm really not enjoying my course so far and I feel I should change sooner rather than later. My question is how hard would it be to catch up after a month of lectures? Is it practical?
I have been told by some people to stick it out until christmas but I don't think I can even last that long

Would appreciate any advice, thanks :smile:
It depends on the course you swap too, a practical course would be harder to catch up on than a lecture based one. If your sure you want to switch better now than when you have a whole term to catch up on.
If you're serious about it I'd advise speaking to your university tutor immediately, like tomorrow morning. I hate to be a buzzkill though but it may be you won't be able to switch this year, most universities only allow a grace period of 2 weeks to switch courses a month may be a bit too long as some assessments or work may have already been given and marked.
Original post by Mimsycrafts
It depends on the course you swap too, a practical course would be harder to catch up on than a lecture based one. If your sure you want to switch better now than when you have a whole term to catch up on.

I'm looking to switch to accounting, so pretty lecture based. Yeah I'm hoping to switch ASAP, if it is possible that is.

Original post by SophieSmall
If you're serious about it I'd advise speaking to your university tutor immediately, like tomorrow morning. I hate to be a buzzkill though but it may be you won't be able to switch this year, most universities only allow a grace period of 2 weeks to switch courses a month may be a bit too long as some assessments or work may have already been given and marked.

Well yeah you're right and not a buzzkill at all, spoke to my tutor who was really cool about the whole situation but went to speak to the department I'm looking to transfer to and they said its unlikely but email the senior lecturer anyway. We'll see what happens but not expecting anything, called up other unis too for a possible transfer and emailed whoever they told me to.
Just playing the waiting game now..
If you can sit in on a lecture on the course that you'd like to transfer onto then that may help you out with your decision-making too. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest