The Student Room Group

Open about employment options after studying Law.

I opted to study Law just because I love the subject however I am not determined to become a solicitor or barrister after completing my undergraduate degree.

What career paths can I enter into after the undergraduate degree ? And how long will it take to find job after I graduate ?

Thanks in advance for the responses :smile:
Reply 1
Really depends what you want to do...

Typical route for law graduates include:

Other professional services such as accounting (especially tax programmes) and consulting

Government (national, international or local)/Civil Service

Banking (more compliance type routes)

HR (for those who particularly enjoyed employment law)

But this list is by no means extensive. I've kept in touch with law grads who have gone into marketing, set up their own businesses etc.

There are more law grads who don't pursue a career in the profession than those who do. A good law degree will open a lot of doors, it is more where your motivation wants to take you.

Thanks for the response.

In general, how long does it take to find employment after graduation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by J-SP

Other professional services such as accounting (especially tax programmes) and consulting

But this list is by no means extensive. I've kept in touch with law grads who have gone into marketing, set up their own businesses etc.

There are more law grads who don't pursue a career in the profession than those who do. A good law degree will open a lot of doors, it is more where your motivation wants to take you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This was useful.. What does the first option consist of having to do?
Reply 3
Can I work with the home office immigration department after studying Law?
Reply 4
I don't see why not?

What are the requirements for the job offer ? If you Can Help,please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by J-SP

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd add to that list company secretary and in respect of banking I'd say compliance is popular with a law degree but a lot of law graduates work in other areas too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending