The Student Room Group

Simply unable to get confident with women

On paper I am incredibly lucky and fulflled, graduated recently with a 1st class degree, have a job I love, lots of hobbies, I'm apparently funny, intelligent, don't have a shortage of friends, not bad looking, even got a pilot's license, but, I'm still hopeless with women. I just can't find the inner confidence and I don't know what to do about it. It is my biggest weakness.

I become a nervous wreck even thinking about approaching women in public. I seem to have conditioned myself to think that I am not good enough, and I can't shake it off. The thought of a woman wanting to date or have sex with me seems unreachable/like a dream.

I have push myself to approach, and I ended up asking two random girls out (they were both working in clothing stores as assistant). During the second approach I was really nervous and she was quite rude with her response (practically walked away).

I feel hopeless. I am 23 now and thinking about singledom has become an obsession. This isn't me. I am normally incredibly self sufficient and comfortable with my own company. Please help me. :rolleyes:
You are very unlikely to meet with anything but rejection if you ask out girls who you have never met. Consider friends of friends, or join a hobby group to meet people, or internet dating. You sound like the sort of guy who is going to succeed more by going out with people who have got to know you a bit, rather than someone who just walks up to randoms on the street.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending