The Student Room Group

What do you think of opinionated people?

I don't necessarily mind them, depends on how the give their opinions (i.e. is it in a polite/aggressive manner) & what they are. I'd think it's good for them to express rather than hide them, in the right situations. However I've noticed that I haven't really been around these people much from past experience.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Absolutely love them, even if their opinions are different to mine - you always know what they're thinking, never have to second guess their actions in certain situations.

Unless of course, their opinions are seething with double standards or hypocrisy. Like when some guy complains about how so many girls are sluts these days, then goes on a ONS every weekend. Or that person who can go on for hours about an animal's right to live, how they shouldn't be enclosed in zoos... whilst biting into a chicken sandwich.
Reply 2
Depends on whether I agree with their opinions e.g. I hate thick people who use the line "your grades don't define your intellect"...well someone's bitter. Fair enough if you've got something else going for you but a lot of these people are **** in general.
Original post by Multitalented me
What do you think of opinionated people?

I have no opinion of them either way, really :pierre:
I like them. I like people who just have one opinion and state it instead of sitting on the fence. It's easy to make conversation with opinionated people and have a decent debate whereas people who sit on the fence just tend to agree with everything you say while not offering anything themselves
I don't mind them provided their opinion is their own based on sound reasoning, and they are not just puppets spouting the opinions of the media or other people.

Most opinionated people I know unfortunately don't base their opinion on their logic and reasoning, but rather on what they have heard from the media or other unreliable sources.

Quick Reply

Latest