The Student Room Group

Going to ed Sheeran concert in newcastle alone

Hi everyone, I'm going to ed sheeran on Saturaday in newcastle but going alone as none of my friends had money for tickets when there come out (don't really have the same taste anyways in music) I even said I would paid for them but none wanted to go. I'm really scared to go alone but really want to go as I could use it for some of my course work this year. Has anyone got any tips or anything? Thanks!!! X :smile::smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Just go alone; I've been to concerts on my own before and had a great time. You'll probably end up talking to people in the queue as everybody's pretty friendly - you've all got something in common, after all. Just make sure that you're being safe: avoid travelling home alone late at night if you can, make sure your valuables are close to hand throughout etc.
I've gone to loads of concerts alone all over the country. My mindset has always been, if no one else is interested, why should I miss out. Definitely go. It really is a boost to your self confidence and independence. You'll probably meet some people to chat with in the queue, I always do.
Reply 3
Thank you guys!!! I'm really a shy person so hopefully this may help me build some self esteem. I'm excited to go as I love ed sheeran and it will be great for my course work as I'm studying music at uni. Thanks again x
Reply 4
I saw Ed Sheeran in Leeds on the 11th October. I'll tell you this - it was the best night of my life. You will be that engrossed in Ed you'll soon forget you are alone. It was an amazing night and I'd go again on my own. I was with friends but you can't hear each other over the music so when I go I don't end up talking with friends during the music haha, have fun! I'd do anything to re-live that night again!
Fine. I'll go.

Joke. Just go and don't miss out!
Original post by iJess
I saw Ed Sheeran in Leeds on the 11th October. I'll tell you this - it was the best night of my life. You will be that engrossed in Ed you'll soon forget you are alone. It was an amazing night and I'd go again on my own. I was with friends but you can't hear each other over the music so when I go I don't end up talking with friends during the music haha, have fun! I'd do anything to re-live that night again!

I saw him in London last week with my sister and I second this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending