The Student Room Group

father starts forcing daughter to eat junk food-abuse?

I read a story where a young girl (13) decided to lose weight but she did it by eating lots of special health foods. It got a bit obsessive and was quite expensive shopping for her mum, her dad found out, called the girl an 'ungrateful spoiled brat who gets special food because we're not gpod enough for her' when she asked not to eat dessert. He proceeded to start shoving cookies ice cream and chip dip on her plate during dinner (tea) and making her eat it all while he watched. Is her father being unreasonable? Imo yes

Scroll to see replies

Yup. I think he totally overreacted.
we need more facts "Riku". facts.
Original post by Riku
I read a story where a young girl (13) decided to lose weight but she did it by eating lots of special health foods. It got a bit obsessive and was quite expensive shopping for her mum, her dad found out, called the girl an 'ungrateful spoiled brat who gets special food because we're not gpod enough for her' when she asked not to eat dessert. He proceeded to start shoving cookies ice cream and chip dip on her plate during dinner (tea) and making her eat it all while he watched. Is her father being unreasonable? Imo yes

wtf yes he is unreasonable!
Reply 4
Original post by the bear
we need more facts "Riku". facts.

this was on Yahoo Answers tbqh. And why are you putting my name in quotations, Riku obviously isn't my real name :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by Just Another Girly
Yup. I think he totally overreacted.

most of the responses were along the lines of "when you grow up you'll realise the value of money little girl" :/
Link?
Reply 8
One of my friends is anorexic and has severe eating disorders. The damage it has done to her body, her mind, and her family and friends is huge, and if the father wants to counteract that by forcing her to eat more, then fine by me, it is a little price to pay for what could potentially happen.
Original post by sherlockfan
you didnt post this yourself by any chance?

Riku is a dude, and this question was posted over 5 months ago.

Ah, yahoo answers, a website that is absolutely never ever used by trolls...
Original post by Arkasia
Riku is a dude, and this question was posted over 5 months ago.

yeah and he's posing as a girl on here.

it sounds very similar to some of the issues he's posted about his dad.
No one should be forced to eat something they don't want to. No one would ever force me to eat something I disliked.
Original post by ForgetMe
No one should be forced to eat something they don't want to. No one would ever force me to eat something I disliked.

i dont think that's fair, what if someone really doesnt like vegetables? they still have to get them in somehow. you cant just feed kids on what they like.
yeah and he's posing as a girl on here.

it sounds very similar to some of the issues he's posted about his dad.

He only changed his gender on here to female a few weeks ago, for the rest of his time he was male.

Maybe his issues are similar and that's how he found this yahoo question?
Reply 16
Original post by Arkasia
He only changed his gender on here to female a few weeks ago, for the rest of his time he was male.

Maybe his issues are similar and that's how he found this yahoo question?

I came to the site with disordered eating tendencies and anxieties/obsessions around food, diet and exercise (arguably the ED 'orthorexia'), panic attacks and sleep issues. A lot of time thinking I had heart disease (turns out I have an irregular, but benign heart problem).

These crept into my student experience (I had a limited social life/my social anxiety was pronounced because of them) and significantly shaped my last r'ship. Most of my Fitness posts are basically 'feel bad about not eating this slice of cake/going to the gym because it might upset Mum/Dad does that.make me beta?' Lol. But believe me it took.up a LOT of headspace.Then my experience with stigma led to me becoming social justice warrior, then into the gender wars with obsessions around 'alpha males' etc. which resulted in some bitter sexist paranoia and deconstructing the men's rights movement which justified that has been my primary obsession since my breakup in January.

I.changed sig pre ban but that should have happened 2 weeks ago. :-)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
you didnt post this yourself by any chance?

No

1. I'm not 13
2. I'm not a girl
3. I don't joke about health anxiety or EDesque stuff, I've dealt with it long enough

You.are right it IS similar to issues with Dad (actually it was with Mum and I transferred the behaviour to Dad when I moved in with him last year) hence why I take an interest/concern. But I promise you it wasn't me

(Cue Shaggy :tongue:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Arkasia
One of my friends is anorexic and has severe eating disorders. The damage it has done to her body, her mind, and her family and friends is huge, and if the father wants to counteract that by forcing her to eat more, then fine by me, it is a little price to pay for what could potentially happen.

I can appreciate that but her dad's reaction to force her to eat tons of ice cream is neither a physically nor emotionally healthy approach imo
My first thought was 'omg abuse'- then I thought, if it was a different situation and she was overweight and he dad was forcing her to eat vegetables would I count that as abuse? Probably not. However, in this case I think he is creating a negative relationship with these foods and so is potentially making the problem worse. Idk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest