The Student Room Group

Please Help!!! Think Iv Been Conned.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160033377830&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AAAQ%3AUK%3A1&rd=1 I BOUGHT THIS ITEM, FROM EBAY, BUT ITS IMMEDIATER PAYMENT, SO I PYED THROUGH PAYPAL AND EVERYTHING LIKE NORMAL, HOWEVER, ALTHOUGH THE MONEY HAS GONE FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT, NOTHING HAS APPEARED IN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT, AND THE SAME FOR MY EBAY ACCOUNT. MY USERNAME HAS ALSO NOT APPEREARD ON THE PURCHASES LIST. IM REALLY SCARED I MIGHT HAVE BEEN CONNED. WHEN I CLICKED PAY ON PAYPAL, IT CAME UP TRANSACTION CANCELLED BUT THE MONEY HAS STILL GONE FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT.

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS.

Scroll to see replies

why did you buy from a seller with private feedback? that wasn't very clever
Reply 2
Just message them asking if they got it. It's prob just a mistake on Paypal.
no, phone paypal right now.
Reply 4
pingu_the_penguin
no, phone paypal right now.

they are closed.
can your bank help you?
Reply 6
pingu_the_penguin
can your bank help you?

they said they cannot do anything until it comes up on my statement, but for a chargeback i need to got to paypal.
Reply 7
Contact paypal immediately, they are notorious for mistakes/rip offs. I nearly got conned out of thousands due to paypal. Somehow a new bank account was registered to my pay pal account. Then someone sold stuff on ebay using my pay pal account (not my ebay account though). The money paid into paypal was immediately taken out to this *new* bank account. But no goods were sent. When buyers contacted paypal they were refunded their money without any contact to me! Thus my pay pal account was thousands in debt!!!!
To give paypal credit all I had to do was write a letter detailing what transactions I disputed and get it witnessed by a lawyer or police officer and they re credited my account straight away.
Never did find out if they had made an error in linking the bank and transactions to me, or if someone had used my details.
Reply 8
Dragonbaby
Contact paypal immediately, they are notorious for mistakes/rip offs. I nearly got conned out of thousands due to paypal. Somehow a new bank account was registered to my pay pal account. Then someone sold stuff on ebay using my pay pal account (not my ebay account though). The money paid into paypal was immediately taken out to this *new* bank account. But no goods were sent. When buyers contacted paypal they were refunded their money without any contact to me! Thus my pay pal account was thousands in debt!!!!
To give paypal credit all I had to do was write a letter detailing what transactions I disputed and get it witnessed by a lawyer or police officer and they re credited my account straight away.
Never did find out if they had made an error in linking the bank and transactions to me, or if someone had used my details.

you think its a paypal error then or con??
Reply 9
If you paid through Paypal, unless it's over £500, you're alright because you should be protected from fraud.
Reply 10
It really wasn't the wisest thing to do, as they have 95% positive (which is low). But as it's done now, keep your toes crossed
Conners dont tend to use paypal.

But if he is a conner then paypal are top noch at this. My account got hacked recently, I appealed and got a full refund of what was taken.
Reply 12
Request the seller's details through eBay, then phone them at 3am.
Reply 13
waow that feedback is pretty bad. At least it's though paypal and not western union or one of those ludicrous bank wires. Hopefully you'll get your money back!

Vin
Reply 14
problem is, the transaction isnt showing in my paypal account.
Reply 15
xxxjase
problem is, the transaction isnt showing in my paypal account.

Then you should requests the sellers contact details on eBay, not Paypal.
Reply 16
Talya
Then you should requests the sellers contact details on eBay, not Paypal.

how do i do that?
Reply 17
xxxjase
how do i do that?

I don't remember. I think it's in feedback somewhere, somewhere down the left side of the page.
I think I've been conned on ebay as well I ordered a shirt on August 3rd and still haven't recieved it his/her feedback was 99.7% so i thought i'd be ok everytime i send him a message i just get a canned response.
Tsk, Tsk...and the moral of the story is...

Latest

Trending

Trending