The Student Room Group

Mum thinks I've kissed too many frogs

Do you agree with this?

My mum has this firm belief that you shouldn't go from guy to guy. She thinks it's a bit floosy to be so flighty when it comes to men.

However I disagree, because you have to kiss a few frogs before you can get your prince. Basically she doesn't like that I've been with more guys than she's had in all her life. I mean is it so bad that I have? I'm young and I want to be able to make sure I'm making the right choice for when I do eventually settle down years from now (I'm talking marriage).

I personally don't agree with only having been with one significant other for your entire romantic history just because you don't want to up your body count or for whatever other reasons. How are you supposed to know they really are the one when you have no other experience of what else is out there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I'm no girl so I don't know anything about the frog thing but I'm guessing it's just luck whether they're a frog or a prince

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mum thinks I've "always got a new boyfriend" when I reality I've had 5 (and I'm nearly 26 so it's hardly groundbreaking). It's just because in her day you basically settled down with the first guy you went out with (she's been with my dad since they were 17,and were married by my age). In reality it makes more sense to make sure you're a compatible match to the guy, which invariably means dating quite a few to find the right one... Nothing wrong with it.
Reply 3
Original post by beaverhausen
Do you agree with this?

My mum has this firm belief that you shouldn't go from guy to guy. She thinks it's a bit floosy to be so flighty when it comes to men.

However I disagree, because you have to kiss a few frogs before you can get your prince. Basically she doesn't like that I've been with more guys than she's had in all her life. I mean is it so bad that I have? I'm young and I want to be able to make sure I'm making the right choice for when I do eventually settle down years from now (I'm talking marriage).

I personally don't agree with only having been with one significant other for your entire romantic history just because you don't want to up your body count or for whatever other reasons. How are you supposed to know they really are the one when you have no other experience of what else is out there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well as a man i'm quite happy just to have fun so i'm not bothered too much about finding the perfect female frog at least for now.

If you are looking for 'the one' though then i kind of agree with your mother. It's not that you should not see if he's the one, it's that rather than spending a few months studiously looking for a worthy candidate, most girls today are single for about a month then straight into a new man. You should be looking for that rare bottle of 50 year old Scotch, not popping straight into Asda.
Do you agree with this?

Everytime you smash some lad:

best thing that could happen: it might be amazing, you might have a real connection and end up living happily ever after.

worst thing that could happen: you get laid, but you don't have enough of a connection to continue to see each other. Ah well, the sex was fun

So basically, its a win-win.
Locks and keys, I'd never buy a second hand lock, you don't know who else might have the keys to it...
Original post by cole-slaw
worst thing that could happen: you get laid, but you don't have enough of a connection to continue to see each other. Ah well, the sex was fun

but wot if u get pregnant? condoms are only 99% effective
Reply 7
Ahh, another girl with a fairy tale complex.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
but wot if u get pregnant? condoms are only 99% effective

Take the pill, take it up the arse, whatever. Most girls figure out a way.
Take the pill, take it up the arse, whatever. Most girls figure out a way.

Lol, they learned how to improvise from watching bear grylls man vs wild, they usually give the dude a Doritos bag to use for extra protection, however it does have an effect on satisfaction, but I'm bear grylls, and this is ass vs wild

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
Lol, they learned how to improvise from watching bear grylls man vs wild, they usually give the dude a Doritos bag to use for extra protection, however it does have an effect on satisfaction, but I'm bear grylls, and this is ass vs wild

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did once hear a story on Graham Torrington's Late Night Love about a girl whose boyfriend wanted to use a walkers crisp packet as a condom.
I did once hear a story on Graham Torrington's Late Night Love about a girl whose boyfriend wanted to use a walkers crisp packet as a condom.

It does happen, it usually occurs when you're too lazy to get some, or things heat up so much that you don't take interest in the nba match anymore' so you use that bag instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Steezy
Ahh, another girl with a fairy tale complex.

Ahaha, it's a saying but I think it fits perfectly to my logic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
My mum thinks I've "always got a new boyfriend" when I reality I've had 5 (and I'm nearly 26 so it's hardly groundbreaking). It's just because in her day you basically settled down with the first guy you went out with (she's been with my dad since they were 17,and were married by my age). In reality it makes more sense to make sure you're a compatible match to the guy, which invariably means dating quite a few to find the right one... Nothing wrong with it.

I think that is it. She has disagreements and falls out with her partner all the time but she said she stays because she wants continuity for us rather than seeing different men walk through our lives because that would have a negative effect. Plus she also says that relationships are never easy, you just have to stick it out sometimes.

whereas I wouldn't stick it out for that long because I personally don't see the point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
Well as a man i'm quite happy just to have fun so i'm not bothered too much about finding the perfect female frog at least for now.

If you are looking for 'the one' though then i kind of agree with your mother. It's not that you should not see if he's the one, it's that rather than spending a few months studiously looking for a worthy candidate, most girls today are single for about a month then straight into a new man. You should be looking for that rare bottle of 50 year old Scotch, not popping straight into Asda.

Dat analogy :sogood:

I don't understand people who can go from one relationship to another with little to no time to grieve for the ending of the previous relationship, it seems emotionally unhealthy IMO.
I think that is it. She has disagreements and falls out with her partner all the time but she said she stays because she wants continuity for us rather than seeing different men walk through our lives because that would have a negative effect. Plus she also says that relationships are never easy, you just have to stick it out sometimes.

whereas I wouldn't stick it out for that long because I personally don't see the point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha maybe she doesn't want you to forever be searching, only to realise that you'll never truly find a 'perfect' match; even the closest to it will have some flaws to him, and if you pass on him it'd be sad :frown:
Pay no heed to what you're 'supposed' to be doing, just go with whatever feels natural.
Original post by Drunk Punx
Dat analogy :sogood:

I don't understand people who can go from one relationship to another with little to no time to grieve for the ending of the previous relationship, it seems emotionally unhealthy IMO.

A symptom of promiscuity and the fact that most women our age don't know the difference between love and lust.
Reply 18
Who cares if you've been with 1 or 100 as long as you're enjoying it?
Reply 19
Nothing wrong with your approach.

Quick Reply