United are dangerous in extra time
Catholics support Celtic, Protestants support Rangers

Good thread!
Original post by mikeyd85
Leeds United are "mighty".

We prefer the term 'sleeping giants' :emo:
Original post by Kash24411
Manchester city bought the title.

Every club that wins the league these days has bought the title.
Original post by sr90
Every club that wins the league these days has bought the title.

A Leeds fan once said that to me. I'm assuming you're talking about Premier League/TV money or the way the game has gone in general. That puts everyone on somewhat of an even level in the division. We get the money as well but we don't win the league or even challenge for it.

The blue 1/4 of Manchester would never have got a sniff of the title were it not for the sheikhs. Fact.
'The league cup is an insignificant trophy.'

It's only insignificant because everyone keeps repeating that it's insignificant. It's really the same teams and almost the same format as the FA cup, it's not an easy feat to win it by any stretch... but for some reason enough people decided that it's somehow less of a competition, and that perception has become a self-fulfilling prophecy resulting in weaker teams getting fielded. I don't get it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wilfred Little
A Leeds fan once said that to me. I'm assuming you're talking about Premier League/TV money or the way the game has gone in general. That puts everyone on somewhat of an even level in the division. We get the money as well but we don't win the league or even challenge for it.

The blue 1/4 of Manchester would never have got a sniff of the title were it not for the sheikhs. Fact.

Yeh that is a fact but it's not just City. If Chelsea win the league this year they've bought it too. If United sort themselves out and win another title soon they'll also have bought it. Even Liverpool's squad last season was quite expensive. I don't think we'll ever see a 'Class of 92' type situation occurring ever again.
Original post by Papo1489
United win the league in the second half of the season
Wenger isn't a great manager
Messi is better than Ronaldo
United are dangerous in extra time
Catholics support Celtic, Protestants support Rangers

Good thread!

Most of these are true.
The La Liga is an easier league to play in than the BPL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mike Ashely knows what hes doing

Alan Pardew deserved his manager of the season award

Papiss Cisse is rubbish

im an NUFC fan btw
Supporting a team from a city/town which you weren't born in, makes you a 'glory hunter'.

Sir Alex Ferguson decided how many minutes of added time were to be played.

Ronaldo is better than Messi.

The majority of the English population actually know what they are talking about when it comes to football.
Original post by sebotobes
Supporting a team from a city/town which you weren't born in, makes you a 'glory hunter'.

It makes you an out of towner and most OOT's are glory hunters.

Why do you never see someone supporting a League 2 club 100 miles away?
It makes you an out of towner and most OOT's are glory hunters.

Why do you never see someone supporting a League 2 club 100 miles away?

Because I didn't know much about Carlisle Utd when I was 4.

Kids grow up watching a team on TV or going to games with their brother / dad etc.
Original post by sebotobes
Because I didn't know much about Carlisle Utd when I was 4.

Kids grow up watching a team on TV or going to games with their brother / dad etc.

Well lower league teams have matches televised, as do overseas teams (Sky have a whole channel dedicated to it now). So it's glory hunting in a roundabout way, because it's going to be Chelsea/MU/Liverpool/Man City or Arsenal 9 times out of 10.

Non local fans being glory hunters is true the majority of the time. There are exceptions. Not many.
Well lower league teams have matches televised, as do overseas teams (Sky have a whole channel dedicated to it now). So it's glory hunting in a roundabout way, because it's going to be Chelsea/MU/Liverpool/Man City or Arsenal 9 times out of 10.

Non local fans being glory hunters is true the majority of the time. There are exceptions. Not many.

How do you define 'non-local'?

I'm an Arsenal fan, was born in Bristol, but my Dad, his Dad and his Grandad were all Arsenal fans who grew up in North London.

Jw, would you count me as a glory supporter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by midgemeister7
How do you define 'non-local'?

Same way you would anything else :confused:

You obviously know what your local area is. For me anything north of Walsall isn't really 'local'. Wolves I could understand describing that as local but no further. Same with Redditch in the south. Coventry to the east etc.

Put it this way, coming from Bristol and supporting a team in Lancashire isn't local. There's obviously a reason someone picked that team and it isn't cos it's a 10 minute hop on the bus to the match.

I'm an Arsenal fan, was born in Bristol, but my Dad, his Dad and his Grandad were all Arsenal fans who grew up in North London.

Jw, would you count me as a glory supporter?

Not at all. If it was me though, I would probably root for Arsenal too but follow Bristol City/Rovers more as paying those prices and having to travel that distance for every home match would drive me mad.
Biggest myth for me is that the Premier League "has the best players in the world"

Neuer, Hummels, Lahm, Scweinsteiger, Götze, Müller, Reus, Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Bale, Neymar, Iniesta, Mascherano, Busquets, Xavi, Alba, Kroos, Khedira, Lewandowski, Benzema, Koke, James Rodriguez, Higuain etc do not play in the Premier League.

Another one is "Balotelli can be a world class striker", he has had 2 good games in his career where he has been 'unplayable' v Man U in 2011(6-1) & Germany in Euro 2012, Andy Carroll has had many more games where he has been 'unplayable'.

Balotelli is nothing more than a glorified penalty taker
Original post by lankyryan
Another one is "Balotelli can be a world class striker", he has had 2 good games in his career where he has been 'unplayable' v Man U in 2011(6-1) & Germany in Euro 2012, Andy Carroll has had many more games where he has been 'unplayable'.

Balotelli is nothing more than a glorified penalty taker

That's not true. He might be looking like a flop now, but Balotelli's ability as a teenager surpassed the ability of all his peers.
Original post by lankyryan
Biggest myth for me is that the Premier League "has the best players in the world"

Neuer, Hummels, Lahm, Scweinsteiger, Götze, Müller, Reus, Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Bale, Neymar, Iniesta, Mascherano, Busquets, Xavi, Alba, Kroos, Khedira, Lewandowski, Benzema, Koke, James Rodriguez, Higuain etc do not play in the Premier League.

I completely agree with this. How many Premier League players were in the top 10 voted in Ballon d'Or last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shady's back
Yeah, I'm not saying we're outstanding compared to the finest of Europe, the Turks and the Balkan nations or anything, just that the notion that we're better than the rest of the Brits/the notion that Anfield European nights are special (to any degree) are not wrong - they're both true.

Is that so, because the only atmosphere i've heard since the game started has been from the away fans :dontknow:

Celebrating a coach pulling into the ground and twirling half and half scarves before the game does not make a ''famous atmosphere''.
Liverpool have a barcleys cup in their trophy room

Gerrard ever being offered a real madrid contract

Quick Reply

Latest