The Student Room Group

What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten?

A scorpion, it tasted disgusting...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Horse. Didn't even know...
Probably star fish or beaver

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Horse soup while in Iceland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
A human soul.
his liver with some farva beans and a nice chianti
Reply 6
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
his liver with some farva beans and a nice chianti

Waaaaait.... Is that... Hannibal? Or am I getting confused
Reply 7
muscles.. They look like miniature vaginas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdamCee
Waaaaait.... Is that... Hannibal? Or am I getting confused

Silence of the lambs yeah
Some crazy and weird **** I've eaten :-

1) Durian : This is one fruit with thorny shell but the flesh is creamy like custard, smells a cross between a garbage bin and LPG.
2) Surströmming, Rakfisk and Lutfisk : YUCK. Needs no explanation.
3) Hákarl : This is Iceland's national dish. This is rotten shark, reeks of rotten fish and ammonia.
4) Snake platter in Vietnam : You get a beating heart in rice wine, then the blood mixed with some really strong rice wine and then you get the meat stir-fried in 2 styles. Surprisingly you don't get the skin which is then sold on for leather. The stir-fry isn't bad but the first 2 were :vomit:
5) Smelly tofu : First tried this in Taiwan : Smelt like the sewer or septic tank overflowed and urghhh it did stink so bad.
6) The penis and testicle of a tiger : This was in China : What made it worse is the restaurant actually had several tigers in a cage and would kill one when you wanted the penis, then it is presented raw to the host on a platter and the waiter slices it and places it into a boiling pot of stock. Your host only will ask you whether you have a son yet or not, if you say no then he will slice the right testicle for you with 2 slices of the penis. The taste of it isn't really any different from any other types of meat, it does however make you feel rather horny.
7) Black Pudding is something I consider disgusting as is slátur the Icelandic variant of it.
8) Lifrarpylsa : This is an absolutely disgusting sausage from Iceland made from the innards of a sheep and wrapped in the stomach lining. Its similar to how Haggis is made before it was modernised to use plastic.
Durian/jackfruit.....actually doesn't taste too bad, once you get past the smell that is.

Alfissti what even compelled you to try tigers bits or snake platter for that matter?!
Original post by Alfissti

1) Durian : This is one fruit with thorny shell but the flesh is creamy like custard, smells a cross between a garbage bin and LPG.

I was DMing for a group at one point and had them face a durian-fisted Fruit Golem. A fun time was had by all.
Original post by arson_fire
Probably crocodile or kangaroo.

:drool:

Crocodile has a bit of a sharp bite taste to it right?

Kangaroo has more of a kick and a punch to its flavor though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing spectacular. I find it pretty weird to eat duck TBH.
Original post by nemothefish19
Durian/jackfruit.....actually doesn't taste too bad, once you get past the smell that is.

Alfissti what even compelled you to try tigers bits or snake platter for that matter?!

Tiger bits : I was working for an O&G company at that time, it was either eat and don't offend the host or lose a deal that was worth lots of money to the company.

Snake platter : Was there on holiday with a bunch of grown lads and somehow someone had that crazy idea that we should try that.

Durian : It is a matter of what one is used to, I don't like that pungent smell.

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I was DMing for a group at one point and had them face a durian-fisted Fruit Golem. A fun time was had by all.

Did you pass some nice farts after that? :biggrin:

Original post by arson_fire
Probably crocodile or kangaroo.

:drool:

How was the kangaroo cooked?
Reply 15
White chocolate birthday cake with Extra Extra Hot Peri-Peri sauce. Very strange (especially in terms of texture), but not too bad to my surprise!
Chicken Intestines, sounds gross but it's quite nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alfissti
pass some nice farts after that? :biggrin:

...?
Fish eyes. For a £20 bet, mind you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
calamari. I'm a real fussy eater so even this was a challenge, never again.

You guys are all so brave

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest