The Student Room Group

Trying to find bioengineering degrees!

Hi, I want to study bioengineering at uni but there doesn't seem to be many options. I'm predicted 3 A's in Maths, Further Maths, and Biology. Any suggestions?
Reply 1
Original post by MollyS!
Hi, I want to study bioengineering at uni but there doesn't seem to be many options. I'm predicted 3 A's in Maths, Further Maths, and Biology. Any suggestions?

Same, sheffield looks best imo
You should check out Biochem at UCL
Reply 3
Original post by Swfc
Same, sheffield looks best imo

Yeah I agree, definitely considering it as my firm choice :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by HiImSharon
You should check out Biochem at UCL

Only problem is I need Chemistry for that degree :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by MollyS!
Yeah I agree, definitely considering it as my firm choice :smile:

Yeahh same, no idea where else I'm gonna apply for though :/
Reply 6
Original post by Swfc
Yeahh same, no idea where else I'm gonna apply for though :/

Well I'm also applying to Newcastle for their Mechanical engineering with bioengineering degree
Reply 7
Original post by MollyS!
Well I'm also applying to Newcastle for their Mechanical engineering with bioengineering degree

Yeah I was thinking bout that too, might just apply to those two,don't really wanna go anywhere else
Reply 8
Original post by Swfc
Yeah I was thinking bout that too, might just apply to those two,don't really wanna go anywhere else

Yeah I know same, my teachers want me to put 5 down though.
would be funny if we ended up on the same course :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by MollyS!
Yeah I know same, my teachers want me to put 5 down though.
would be funny if we ended up on the same course :smile:

Hmm especially hard without doing physics :/
Reply 10
Original post by Swfc
Hmm especially hard without doing physics :/

Oh yes definitely, it's the further maths that's allowing me to get on to the courses because I do mechanics modules
Reply 11
Original post by MollyS!
Oh yes definitely, it's the further maths that's allowing me to get on to the courses because I do mechanics modules

You done your statement?
Reply 12
Original post by Swfc
You done your statement?

Yep almost, just tweaking a few bits, going to send off my application over half-term. You?
Reply 13
Original post by MollyS!
Yep almost, just tweaking a few bits, going to send off my application over half-term. You?

Done some of it, gonna finish it over half term hopefully. So you got your 5 places?
Reply 14
Original post by Swfc
Done some of it, gonna finish it over half term hopefully. So you got your 5 places?

Nope, still on the search for no.4 and 5 but you can still send it off and add them later

Quick Reply

Latest