The Student Room Group

Civil engineering 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dahl786
ANYONE HELP !!!!

Nottingham or Cardiff, I cant choose its frustrating ??

It won't matter too much when it comes to getting a job, its more on the individual as you will find both types in industry.
Original post by Dark-Knight1
I applied to City (London), Brighton, Brunel, Southampton, UCL.
I discounted UCL and City pretty quick as the offers were too high/low
Brunel is now my insurance and Southampton firm

I firmed Southampton too! Scared I'm going to just miss my AAA offer with the way Edexcel core maths went this year though...pressure makes for some ridiculous mistakes :s-smilie: Really gotta pick up physics and computing to make myself feel better...
They said they could take some AAB's but maths was supposed to be my sure A so who knows what'll happen at this rate :redface:
Original post by CrystalSavage
I firmed Southampton too! Scared I'm going to just miss my AAA offer with the way Edexcel core maths went this year though...pressure makes for some ridiculous mistakes :s-smilie: Really gotta pick up physics and computing to make myself feel better...
They said they could take some AAB's but maths was supposed to be my sure A so who knows what'll happen at this rate :redface:

You'll be fine I'm sure. What did you get last year, because that will help tell what you need this year?
I hope you get everything you wanted and I see you in September!
You'll be fine I'm sure. What did you get last year, because that will help tell what you need this year?
I hope you get everything you wanted and I see you in September!

I got four As last year. For maths I only needed to average a mid-B to get the A; mechanics went alright at least, so hopefully I'll be ok. I only need to get a high-B/C in computing but I got a bit lax in revision concentrating on coursework and physics. I'm sure it'll be fine...it always is, right?
Good luck to you too and (God willing) I'll see you there!
I got four As last year. For maths I only needed to average a mid-B to get the A; mechanics went alright at least, so hopefully I'll be ok. I only need to get a high-B/C in computing but I got a bit lax in revision concentrating on coursework and physics. I'm sure it'll be fine...it always is, right?
Good luck to you too and (God willing) I'll see you there!

If you got A grades last year, you should be reasonably comfortable. Remember in exams you will always think about what went wrong and it will cloud your judgement a little
How did you get an AAA offer from Southampton for CivilEng when they ask for A*AA? Or was it AAA before?
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
How did you get an AAA offer from Southampton for CivilEng when they ask for A*AA? Or was it AAA before?

I applied for the BEng, and the guy really liked me in interview so that's what they gave me
I applied for the BEng, and the guy really liked me in interview so that's what they gave me

BEng is still A*AA :frown: Can you progress onto the MEng later?

Also, do you know exactly what favoured you in the interview? :smile:
BEng is still A*AA :frown: Can you progress onto the MEng later?

Also, do you know exactly what favoured you in the interview? :smile:

Yeah, i was told i can do the meng. Also I think it was the fact I do further maths AS, which will give a good headstart
Which universities interview for Civil Engineering and how important is it?

How did you get AAA for Southampton when they ask for A*AA?

And do you know if they go into clearing for CivilEng? :smile:
Hi guys
What extra curricular activities do I need when I am applying for civil engineering for my application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone been doing anything to prepare for applying for summer placements next year?
Original post by SDavis123
Anyone been doing anything to prepare for applying for summer placements next year?

I am looking to

Are you going to be first year this september ?
Original post by jkhan9625
Hi guys
What extra curricular activities do I need when I am applying for civil engineering for my application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

None.
Original post by dahl786
I am looking to

Are you going to be first year this september ?

No 3rd year. I didn't apply for anything in 1st year because I didn't really think that was a thing to be honest and then I just half-arsed it this year pretty late.

This year I'm planning to go full potato trying to get it though.
No 3rd year. I didn't apply for anything in 1st year because I didn't really think that was a thing to be honest and then I just half-arsed it this year pretty late.

Where are you studying ?
Turned down by QUEST. Anyone else had luck?
Reply 118

Have you ever had a job? Get a job and add that experience to your CV! Going to try to secure an internship in my second year hopefully this time I will secure something decent :colone:
(edited 8 years ago)
How did you get AAA for Southampton when they ask for A*AA?

And do you know if they go into clearing for CivilEng? :smile:

Sorry it's been a week, never got a notification!
It was a little funny for me...when I went to the interview I believe I may have been the only person there who had already received an offer which was A*AA.
I guess they liked me because despite my predicted being that anyway, they still dropped it to AAA a few days later. Although, they did say at the interview day the high offer is more to prevent over-admission than anything else.
And yeah, they were in clearing 2014 and again this year with A(maths)BB according to the clearing page on their website. That makes me feel a lot better tbh!

edit: I'm going for sandwich MEng by the way
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest