The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My Oxford work mode came back at the right time - new draft sent to supervisor, ready to be printed for tomorrow's supervision :biggrin:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
My Oxford work mode came back at the right time - new draft sent to supervisor, ready to be printed for tomorrow's supervision :biggrin:

Well done! I wrote 1000 words yesterday - now to do the same today (assignment)

Original post by *Interrobang*

Well done to both of you! :redface:

Thanks! Well done to you too :hugs:

Original post by Pixsoul
Well done to both of you! :redface:

Thankies :biggrin:
Thanks! Well done to you too :hugs:

Thankies :biggrin:

Awesome, well done! :biggrin:
So I've actually started looking at accomodation, looking at uni accomodation on the next atm :P
Thanks both of you :smile: Finished a first draft of my assignment now :smile: Now to look at my ethics proposal... (and consider my thesis literature review...)
Supervisor liked new draft. Now to incorporate her 101 suggestions :work:
My supervisor has ok'ed my ethics proposal to be submitted to the committee :woo:
Been thinking about actually going to do a masters for a while and the combination of masters loans and my relationship breaking up means I will very probably start one in 2016! Currently thinking I will probably do a planning degree because I actually really loved working in a planning department but I originally wanted to do environmental health and now I am wondering if I wouldn't still want to do that. Decisions, decisions.
My supervisor has ok'ed my ethics proposal to be submitted to the committee :woo:

:woo: :yeah: :danceboy:

Original post by Nynyflower
Been thinking about actually going to do a masters for a while and the combination of masters loans and my relationship breaking up means I will very probably start one in 2016! Currently thinking I will probably do a planning degree because I actually really loved working in a planning department but I originally wanted to do environmental health and now I am wondering if I wouldn't still want to do that. Decisions, decisions.

Awww, sorry to hear about your relationship :frown:
Supervisor liked new draft. Now to incorporate her 101 suggestions :work:

:woo:well done to you both :biggrin:

Do you feel pulled to one more than the other?
:frown: Sorry to hear about your breakup.

On my way to an appointment and I'm either going to make it by the skin of my teeth, or be ridiculously late. On the plus side, I have a 5 day weekend and will be going down south tonight. Planning to take my friend and his son to the NHM and Science Museum.

I did a masters in planning, shout if you want to discuss anything, or I can put you in contact with people who actually work in planning after it!
Original post by Pixsoul

On my way to an appointment and I'm either going to make it by the skin of my teeth, or be ridiculously late. On the plus side, I have a 5 day weekend and will be going down south tonight. Planning to take my friend and his son to the NHM and Science Museum.

WOOOOOOO for five-day weekend :woo: :party: :yeah:

Oooh, I'm jealous! Planning is my daydream alternate career. My PhD is actually about mid-20th-century urban planning and pop culture responses to the transformation of the urban environment.

I too have a five day weekend (thanks Jesuits!) :biggrin:

Also: :hi: everyone, sorry I've missed loads! I've been really busy and not been around here much.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by madamemerle

I too have a five day weekend (thanks Jesuits!) :biggrin:

Also: :hi: everyone, sorry I've missed loads! I've been really busy and not been around here much.

Jesuits :love:

Good to see you in here :hugs: How have things been? :smile:
Jesuits :love:

Good to see you in here :hugs: How have things been? :smile:

Pretty good, thanks. I've found teaching a bit challenging recently; this group of students are from various disciplines and it's been a lot harder to get to where I want to be with the content...they also just seem a lot less invested than my other classes have been (think it's a product of doing an elective that a lot of seniors take just to fill up their requirements outside their major). That's been a bit stressful but it has improved, thankfully.

I've also been applying for a fellowship program at my university, prepping my prospectus, taking a German class and I've just started an art class to try and get away from the rest for a few hours a week, haha. I'm busy but good:smile:

I hope your Sweden trip was fruitful?
Pretty good, thanks. I've found teaching a bit challenging recently; this group of students are from various disciplines and it's been a lot harder to get to where I want to be with the content...they also just seem a lot less invested than my other classes have been (think it's a product of doing an elective that a lot of seniors take just to fill up their requirements outside their major). That's been a bit stressful but it has improved, thankfully.

I've also been applying for a fellowship program at my university, prepping my prospectus, taking a German class and I've just started an art class to try and get away from the rest for a few hours a week, haha. I'm busy but good:smile:

I hope your Sweden trip was fruitful?

Busy but good - sounds good to me! :biggrin: Art class must be a good distraction. I'm sorry the people you are teaching are less engaged though :frown:

Sweden trip was good, though I got ill during the event and had to flee back to the hotel room pretty soon afterwards :colondollar: Had a good interview in the morning though with the museum's curator. She's offered to introduce me to Benny from ABBA next time I'm in Sweden :biggrin:
She's offered to introduce me to Benny from ABBA next time I'm in Sweden :biggrin:

:excited::excited:
so cool!

Sorry to hear you got ill, but still sounds like you got a lot out of it!
:excited::excited:
so cool!

Sorry to hear you got ill, but still sounds like you got a lot out of it!

Yeah. She said he wouldn't wanna talk about ABBA, which kinda defeats the purpose, but was amazed she thought he might be interested in talking to me about anything tbh :redface:

Yeah, it was a good trip and the illness blew over quite quickly, which was a relief :yes:

Latest

Trending

Trending