The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Motorbiker
That feel when there's new people at work that look up to you.

And when you're starting to be an important part of meetings and give decent contributions and getting lots of work. Think I never said anything during a meeting for the first month other than hello.

Big meeting on Tuesday.

Also, my side project is going awesomely and we got permission for a very cool new project today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by scarlet ibis
Got the internship! So exciting! Now to work out how to arrange my PhD around it...

Thanks to Kitty Pimms for the chat, I mentioned what you said about balancing SM with other aspects of the job. The social media test was fine, I had half an hour to write three tweets and two facebook posts, which evidently they liked!

It let me rep both of you :eek4: :king1: :yeah: :party: :ahee: :woo: :danceboy:
Reply 3041
I was told today that I passed my confirmation of status interview so, provided that that gets rubberstamped, now I 'only' have to worry about completing the thesis by September!
Original post by QHF
I was told today that I passed my confirmation of status interview so, provided that that gets rubberstamped, now I 'only' have to worry about completing the thesis by September!

Nice! Well done :biggrin: :king1: :hugs:
I'm in an airport queue off to see madamemerle and give a lecture! Exciting/scary...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kitty Pimms
I'm in an airport queue off to see madamemerle and give a lecture! Exciting/scary...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wishing you the very best of luck, though I'm sure you'll ace it :hugs:
We have had instrumental versions of ABBA playing all day in ICU today - I thought of you lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

See you soon!
I'm in an airport queue off to see madamemerle and give a lecture! Exciting/scary...Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by madamemerle
See you soon!

Good luck with the lecture - hope you both have a great time :smile:
Original post by Helenia
We have had instrumental versions of ABBA playing all day in ICU today - I thought of you lot!

:danceboy: :yay: :woo:
Original post by Slowbro93
Ahhh, glad most of it is done :h:

Also kinda scared at work tbh. Some of my work is being taken up to people higher up and it feels strange having my ideas being impacted on the whole office tbh :erm: I had my old line manager really knock my confidence so it's strange having it built up again ...

Yep, I have some viewings booked and if I love some places I may sign whilst I'm there :woo: I have enough for a deposit for rent so we'll see :h:

:rofl: That's brilliant! :rofl:

Everything else good? :h:

De-lurking to ask where abouts are you looking? I just checked if there are any flats left in the block I've just signed up for a third year in and there aren't I'm afraid. :redface:

I guess I need to look grumpy about something...I kind of wasn't thinking when I booked my holiday and so I'll be coming back off a week's holiday in Wales about a week and a half before my transfer report is due in. :mad: :facepalm: Nevermind, I'm sure I can work around it and have lots of corrections to look forward to upon my return. :colondollar:
Original post by Jeykayem
De-lurking ...

:ahee: :colone: :jumphug:

Hiiiiiiiiiii! :hi:
How long does it usually take to hear from a paper has been accepted for a conference?

How much detail should go in a letter to an editor about a prospective journal article?
Original post by Ethereal
How long does it usually take to hear from a paper has been accepted for a conference?

How much detail should go in a letter to an editor about a prospective journal article?

1. They usually give a date for decisions if it's a big conference, otherwise it's a how long is a piece of string question, maybe a couple of months.

2. How prospective, i.e you are submitting it for review or asking if it's suitable? If the former most places now use something like manuscript central where essentially you don't need a letter any more, you just fill in the info on the submission form.
Met my two PHD sups, I really like them :h:

Yay :awesome: :woo: :hugs:
Ta for answering!

1. They usually give a date for decisions if it's a big conference, otherwise it's a how long is a piece of string question, maybe a couple of months.

Ah - ages to wait yet then. I thought as it was only the PhD part of the conference they may be quicker.

2. How prospective, i.e you are submitting it for review or asking if it's suitable? If the former most places now use something like manuscript central where essentially you don't need a letter any more, you just fill in the info on the submission form.

Very - I want to know if my idea for a paper would be something the journal would be interested in, and that particular journal says it encourages informal contact before submitting...

:woo:

Hope you're having a good time :smile:
Original post by Ethereal
Ta for answering!

Ah - ages to wait yet then. I thought as it was only the PhD part of the conference they may be quicker.

Very - I want to know if my idea for a paper would be something the journal would be interested in, and that particular journal says it encourages informal contact before submitting...

Then I'd say anything from a sketchy outline of an idea to an abstract is fine if you just want to start an informal conversation...Having said that, the more usual thing to do is to attach the already written paper and ask if it falls within their purview.
My ethical approval came through :woo:
Finally think my paperwork is in order for my first annual review. Gonna print and hand in tomorrow, methinks. Will be bricking it come 7th May (date of review) :afraid:

Original post by *Interrobang*
My ethical approval came through :woo:

It let me rep you! :eek2:

Latest

Trending

Trending