The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

INB4 something or other!
*subscribes*
HODOR.
Reply 4
:rofl: Anatheme :rofl:
I can't remembered if I moaned about not getting my May exam grades (and diss, for that matters) before the end of November. I'm tired of waiting now :sigh:
EDIT: I also decided to get my clothes to dry faster so put them on the spin mode and my washing machine now sounds like an X-Wing (or a flying Ford Anglia, depending on your references) about to explode…
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anatheme
HODOR.

I don't get it
Reply 7
Hello. :smile:
Don't think I have ever posted on any of the other threads, although I have lurked. I am Liv!
Original post by Ethereal
I don't get it

Hodor is a character from Game of Thrones who only ever speaks to say "Hodor" :smile:
Winter is coming.

(Embarrassing if someone beats me to this!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I can't remembered if I moaned about not getting my May exam grades (and diss, for that matters) before the end of November. I'm tired of waiting now :sigh:
EDIT: I also decided to get my clothes to dry faster so put them on the spin mode and my washing machine now sounds like an X-Wing (or a flying Ford Anglia, depending on your references) about to explode…

Is end of November when the School Board meets? I remember feeling like my MA results were like a Christmas present (logging into the portal on my phone while on the bus back from work) - just searched my emails and in 2010 they met on 8th of December, so much waiting though. Lots of sympathy.

Hope your washing machine doesn't take flight!
Winter is coming.

(I am flipping freezing and have the heating on and a blanket on my knees. It's not even November yet!)
Original post by Liv1204
Hello. :smile:
Don't think I have ever posted on any of the other threads, although I have lurked. I am Liv!

Hello. Tell us more. We be nosey!

I was moaning to my mum earlier about how I am already really cold in the grim north (why don't they sell decent thermals here???) and she told me it was 19C in London. Thanks mum!
Reply 13
:grumble:

:mad:

:shakecane:

:angry:

Hodor is a character from Game of Thrones who only ever speaks to say "Hodor" :smile:

Like Matt Damon in Team America then?!

Ah - a bit like groot
Original post by ktr
Is end of November when the School Board meets? I remember feeling like my MA results were like a Christmas present (logging into the portal on my phone while on the bus back from work) - just searched my emails and in 2010 they met on 8th of December, so much waiting though. Lots of sympathy.

Hope your washing machine doesn't take flight!

I think so, it's all a bit confusing and no-one's got a clear answer, it's so frustrating!
It could also be the crappiest Christmas present ever, but the good thing is I'm already in a full-time job so no-one will ever rely on the potentially rubbish grades I might get if I stay out of academia! I'm having massive doubts about the quality of my dissertation as well, way too late to do anything but I hope I haven't messed up too badly… Oh well, I'm gonna go back to worrying about whether I'll make it on time for the next fresh cookies delivery at work instead!

Original post by sj27
Like Matt Damon in Team America then?!

Never seen this, but maybe :holmes:

Original post by Ethereal
Ah - a bit like groot

Nor have I seen/ read about Groot, but maybe :holmes:
Original post by Kitty Pimms
Hello. Tell us more. We be nosey!

I was moaning to my mum earlier about how I am already really cold in the grim north (why don't they sell decent thermals here???) and she told me it was 19C in London. Thanks mum!

Original post by Salchow
Welcome Liv btw :smile:

Thank-you!

Well...I'm doing my MSc in Sport & Exercise Psychology at the moment (I am aware this is not seen as very 'credible'... I had an offer to do Forensic Psychology too, which was what I had always wanted to do, but I went for Sport & Exercise Psych in the end, best decision I have ever made. :smile:).

Actually started it in 2013, was supposed to graduate in August, but intermitted in April, was admitted to hospital 6 days later, and spent 5 months inpatient for anorexia treatment. But I was discharged last month and went back to uni last month too, so just getting back into it all again! Done a lot of the modules already, so I've got one module to do next semester [started it but did not finish it last year], one assignment to finish for the other module that I didn't finish before intermitting (hoping to have that in before Christmas), my dissertation and an independent study. I love research, so I am loving being back to studying again.

Well that was a long ramble!

How about everyone else, what are you all studying/what are you all up to in life? :smile: x
Reply 17
Original post by Liv1204
Actually started it in 2013, was supposed to graduate in August, but intermitted in April, was admitted to hospital 6 days later, and spent 5 months inpatient for anorexia treatment. But I was discharged last month and went back to uni last month too, so just getting back into it all again! Done a lot of the modules already, so I've got one module to do next semester [started it but did not finish it last year], one assignment to finish for the other module that I didn't finish before intermitting (hoping to have that in before Christmas), my dissertation and an independent study. I love research, so I am loving being back to studying again.

How about everyone else, what are you all studying/what are you all up to in life? :smile: x

Sounds rough, but good on you for getting right back to it! I hope you don't need to worry about the 'credibility' of your degree -- life has knocked any tendency to take these things at face value out of me.

I'm just starting the third year of a PhD in English, and I'm tired all the time.
Original post by Liv1204
Thank-you!

Well...I'm doing my MSc in Sport & Exercise Psychology at the moment (I am aware this is not seen as very 'credible'... I had an offer to do Forensic Psychology too, which was what I had always wanted to do, but I went for Sport & Exercise Psych in the end, best decision I have ever made. :smile:).

Great news on the discharge :smile: My ice skating coach is doing the same masters as you, just though I'd tell you :tongue:

Well I'm a graduate turned undergrad again. I have a degree in Education Studies plus a PGCE. I taught for two years and then ditched it to start a degree in nursing, which is what I'd always wanted to do but health reasons stopped me back then. So yeah, just started my second year and pooing it basically.
Original post by Salchow
My ice skating coach is doing the same masters as you, just though I'd tell you :tongue:

I have literally just realised your avatar is ice skates. FML