The Student Room Group

What courses shall I look at with AAB?

Hi, I want just wondering what grades should I be looking at for university?
I've been predicted an AAB, so shall I look for 4 AABs and an ABB? thanks for your time. x
Reply 1
Tbh, it depends on what you think you'll get. I'm not an expert in this stuff but my personal opinion is not to be too risky. For example, if you think the highest you can achieve is AAB, then apply for maybe 2 AABs, 2 ABBs and 1 BBB just in case you don't do as well as you thought. Or maybe even 3 AABs, 1 ABB and 1 BBB. I think it's important to have something to fall back on but if you're absolutely confident you'll get at least ABB then then apply for 3 AABs and 2 ABBs.

But if you're predicted AAB, but you think you can get AAA, then you can aim a bit higher. So maybe 1 AAA, 2/3 AABs, 1/2 ABBs (depending on how many AABs you chose).

To be completely honest, it depends on the person and what they think they'll achieve. Predicted grades don't matter too much in terms of applying to uni. You can aim maybe one grade higher than your predicted grade and the uni will probably still give you a conditional offer.

Sorry to be going on a bit, but in short, I'd say follow this:
1/2 highs- AAA/AAB
2/3 middles- AAB/ABB
1 low- BBB

But again, I'm not an expert in this stuff so still follow your gut.
I'm predicated AAB too

I've applied for Newcastle(AAA) Birmingham(AAB) Nottingham(AAB) Lincoln(320Ucas) and Aston(AAB-ABB)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest