The Student Room Group

proof north korea is best korea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638213/Tourist-took-camera-inside-North-Korea-expected-really-really-sad-people-shocked-seemingly-ordinary-lives-citizens.html

This shows that unlike in western propaganda north korea is a great happy prosperous country. Really opens your eyes. Looking at these pictures it seems much happier in the uk and I would move their in a heartbeat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by intelligent con
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638213/Tourist-took-camera-inside-North-Korea-expected-really-really-sad-people-shocked-seemingly-ordinary-lives-citizens.html

This shows that unlike in western propaganda north korea is a great happy prosperous country. Really opens your eyes. Looking at these pictures it seems much happier in the uk and I would move their in a heartbeat

You'd move there in a heartbeat huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Well yes. SHocking enough not all North Koreans act like brainwashed loons at all times. Put a North Korean in a room with a south Korean and you'll find many of their day to day concerns are the same. Many just accept the propaganda as a daily facet of life and try to get on with providing for their families.

Though it is always important to remember North Korea is a totalitarian dictatorship,shame its collapse would make things worse. Why this guy thought he'd be allowed to see starving people though, every part of an outsiders visit is watched.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aj12
Well yes. SHocking enough not all North Koreans act like brainwashed loons at all times. Put a North Korean in a room with a south Korean and you'll find many of their day to day concerns are the same. Many just accept the propaganda as a daily facet of life and try to get on with providing for their families.

Though it is always important to remember North Korea is a totalitarian dictatorship,shame its collapse would make things worse.

Do you think any of them actually know it's all propaganda? It's an interesting question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Yeah dude
Do you think any of them actually know it's all propaganda? It's an interesting question

Posted from TSR Mobile

I read a book by a Russian who spent a lot of time over there, studying and for visits, the guy had a way with the country that I haven't seen before. Anyway it's a difficult question he reckoned many just accept it as part of their day like traffic or the rain. Plenty were devoted but many just were almost apathetic to it.

Many are getting a picture of the outside world through, of all things, South Korean and Chinese soaps and trash T.V. VCR's and radios are becoming increasingly common and its relatively easy to get hold of outside media. So plenty may well be aware of the propaganda but just try to get through their day to day lives rather than trying to fight a system that does bring them an alright existence.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aj12
I read a book by a Russian who spent a lot of time over there, studying and for visits, the guy had a way with the country that I haven't seen before. Anyway it's a difficult question he reckoned many just accept it as part of their day like traffic or the rain. Plenty were devoted but many just were almost apathetic to it.

Many are getting a picture of the outside world through, of all things, South Korean and Chinese soaps and trash T.V. VCR's and radios are becoming increasingly common and its relatively easy to get hold of outside media. So plenty may well be aware of the propaganda but just try to get through their day to day lives rather than trying to fight a system that does bring them an alright existence.

I wonder if the people will ever overthrow their govt and become a normal country?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I wonder if the people will ever overthrow their govt and become a normal country?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who knows, North Korea could collapse tomorrow or in twenty years Right now every interested party wants to keep the regime alive and well, till that changes I doubt the country will.
Well obviously it would look alright because they only show tourists the best bits ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Who knows, North Korea could collapse tomorrow or in twenty years Right now every interested party wants to keep the regime alive and well, till that changes I doubt the country will.

Hopefully one day in our lifetime we will see the day when North Koreans are free to be whoever they want, and go wherever they like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully one day in our lifetime we will see the day when North Koreans are free to be whoever they want, and go wherever they like

Posted from TSR Mobile

they are thats why they stay in north korea
Reply 10
[video="youtube;frsvWVEHowg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frsvWVEHowg[/video]

they are thats why they stay in north korea

if you are different in North Korea you have kim to answer to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by midgemeister7
Well obviously it would look alright because they only show tourists the best bits ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile

its actually surprising to us that they even have 'good bits' to begin with. after all those thing our media fed us.
North Korea is the most independent and free nation on earth. It's completely removed from the predatory international banking system.
Original post by capitalismstinks
North Korea is the most independent and free nation on earth. It's completely removed from the predatory international banking system.

North Korea as a country may be independent, but the same cannot be said for its people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pyongyang is a showcase city. This photographer would have had "tour guides" showing him around the whole time. At no point would he have been allowed to venture out on his own. I would call this totalitarian. He also importantly states:

"Mr Pan did not have to hide the photos and video he was taking from inside the country - he simply asked for permission."

That is to say, he could not take a single picture without first asking for permission. All the pictures I can see are taken in Pyongyang and some were taken in Wonsan which is another model showcase location. Wonsan is from what I understand a popular resort for the Pyongyang elite to chill out and relax.

All I can see are the usual tourist spots that the government allow tourists to go to. He has visited the same Monuments that every other tourist has been shown, travelled on the underground and visited the same two train stations that all other tourists visit. What about all the other underground stations? What about visiting the countryside and the small towns and villages where tourists don't normally go?

He also appears to have not taken any photographs when his transport sped along the empty motorways when transporting him from Pyonyang yang to Wonsan past poverty stricken villages and towns. In fact, any attempt to take photographs of the countryside is normally always prohibited. This guy has basically fallen for every trick in the North Korean propaganda book.
(edited 9 years ago)

I watched an interesting documentary on a few American soldiers who defected and crossed over to the North during the Korean war. I forget the name of the main guy but he's still alive and living in the North right now.

The documentary was on Netflix so if you've got a subscription I would recommend watching it, very intriguing.
Well it looks like women can walk around in skirts or dresses without being harassed/raped/beaten/lashed/imprisoned, so I guess it's better than many Muslim countries such as Saudi Arabia, which we're close allies with.
Original post by KingBradly
Well it looks like women can walk around in skirts or dresses without being harassed/raped/beaten/lashed/imprisoned, so I guess it's better than many Muslim countries such as Saudi Arabia, which we're close allies with.

You get that from a photo?

If North Koreans so great why do so many of it's population defect?
Why is this such a surprise? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending