The Student Room Group

can a short breaksave your relationship

Hi we're in a LDR at uni and by mutual agreement are having a break until Christmas to give each other space and hoping to reconcile then. We wil be in contact with each other when it feels right. Neither of us want anyone else . Should we both bale out now and accept it's not going to work or can a break make you appreciate each other more ?
Yes it can, you realise what you had

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Hi we're in a LDR at uni and by mutual agreement are having a break until Christmas to give each other space and hoping to reconcile then. We wil be in contact with each other when it feels right. Neither of us want anyone else . Should we both bale out now and accept it's not going to work or can a break make you appreciate each other more ?

Er, sometimes it makes it worse. :s-smilie: Better to talk through whatever it is.
Usually, one person is more committed than the other. So one goes around sleeping with whatever whilst the other still thinks it's exclusive during the break.

This leads to a crushing of trust and the relationship cannot be saved.
Original post by WeedCanKill
Usually, one person is more committed than the other. So one goes around sleeping with whatever whilst the other still thinks it's exclusive during the break.

This leads to a crushing of trust and the relationship cannot be saved.

That don't always happen dude, that's just the worst case thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
A break usually means "I haven't the courage to dump, you do it for me" sorry to say. Never seen any good come of breaks
Original post by Yeah dude
That don't always happen dude, that's just the worst case thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

It don't always happen bur it happens more often than not dude
It don't always happen bur it happens more often than not dude

Yea, my statistical reading says 60% of the time it happens dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think breaks are a good idea. What is really going to change in this time? I think it's just a way of avoiding breaking up usually. It isn't like you aren't ever allowed to get back with an ex, but if you're in a loving, happy relationship, you won't want a break. If it isn't happy, fix it. If you can't fix it, end it.
Original post by Yeah dude
Yea, my statistical reading says 60% of the time it happens dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't argue with statistics dude.
Can't argue with statistics dude.

70% I can almost guarantee you're the surfer dude just putting on the weed is bad image :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends what the reason is. If both of you are really busy or need to focus on yourselves for a bit for reasons external to the relationship then fine. If it's really just an issue with the relationship itself, though, a break probably won't be a long-term solution. You're going to have to actively work it out if it's the latter scenario.
Ross and Rachel
Reply 13
you're wasting your time. LDRs dont work (and i aint talking about light dependent resistors, those are AMAZING). forget it and move on with life. there are tens of millions of women out there, it's easy to find another one. take your pick. dont get hung up too much on one person, its not worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending