The Student Room Group

How to act around someone you got with on a night out?

Basically I only started properly going out after joining uni and I ended up getting with a guy who I have to see every day as he's on my course... We didn't sleep together but we almost did- if i didn't say no he would have stayed at mine. I hadn't properly spoken to him before that night but now I'm not quite sure how to act around him... I saw him today and pretended not to notice him as I felt a bit shy/embarrassed. Was that mean or is that normal? Should I have said hi?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Basically I only started properly going out after joining uni and I ended up getting with a guy who I have to see every day as he's on my course... We didn't sleep together but we almost did- if i didn't say no he would have stayed at mine. I hadn't properly spoken to him before that night but now I'm not quite sure how to act around him... I saw him today and pretended not to notice him as I felt a bit shy/embarrassed. Was that mean or is that normal? Should I have said hi?

Were you both fairly drunk?
Reply 2
Original post by Jagerm7
Were you both fairly drunk?

Very
Reply 3
Very

One option is to pretend you don't remember
Reply 4
Original post by Jagerm7
One option is to pretend you don't remember

That's what I've been doing so far but we were with each other for hours and it was pretty intense

I'd be all "hey, didn't I get with you that time? Ha, so weird!", In a "I'm so cool and confident I barely even think about things like this" kinda way.
Reply 6
Do you want anything to come from this?
Relationship, friendship, etc?
Or would you rather he didn't ever speak to you again?
It would depend on these things how you should react.
If you never want to speak to him again then I would ignore,
but if you like him I would take a different approach.
Reply 7
Presuming you're a fresher and it happened in the previous month...

You treat it like it was nothing, as that is likely what it meant.

Don't try to play it off on being drunk; just accept it happened and play it nonchalant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending