The Student Room Group

Date 4, invited him round to mine for food. Should we sleep together?

I'm a little out of practice when it comes to dating (was in a serious relationship for 2 years until last year, this is my first dating experience since) So forgive me if this is a silly question.

Anyway, so we've had 3 dates. Going really well; I'm very attracted to him, we get along great, chemistry has been there since the offset. In fact, I think its fair to say I've fallen hard for him. And (I think) he feels it too, because on our last date he said "I hope it isn't too early to say this but I really like you" :smile: was cute.

I've invited him round for dinner and a movie tomorrow. Now, I'm a liberal person when it comes to sex; I think its great fun and something that's very natural. However, cos I'm so serious about him I'm not sure if tomorrow is too soon to have sex for the first time or not. I've had one night stands before but am definitely looking for something more meaningful now, just want to make that clear to him without scaring him off. Should we talk about it? Or just see what happens? Like I said, a bit out of practice...

Oh and I'm 20, he's 25, if that's in any way relevant

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Too early.
Wait 28 dates please.
Reply 3
Hookares?
Reply 4
Just wing it, see what happens

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should have slept together on the 1st date

Sexual compatibility >

:sexface:
If you are attracted to each other and are going to be alone in your place and snuggled up watching a movie there is a very good chance its going to get physical. Whether thats just snogging or making out or having sex you'll have to see how it goes.

The big thing to remember is make sure you have condoms in! I suppose from a safety point of view you could tell someone he is coming round. Also dont feel obliged to have sex just because he is in your home at your invitation, by which I mean if it doesnt feel right then you are entitled to say its moving a bit quick for you (he also has this right of course!)

I am also very liberal about sex, its fun and why not, I dont think it matters how many dates there have been, if it feels right then why not! :wink:

Enjoy!
date 4 and you haven't slept together already? wtf. He must either really like you to have stuck around or have absolutely no other offers.

YES sleep with him ffs. As much as possible. One more sexless date and he will be off balling some other chick, your number deleted.
He's 4 ffs! What are you thinking? How do his parents not know what you are doing? I feel sick:sick:

...oh wait
Original post by cole-slaw
date 4 and you haven't slept together already? wtf. He must either really like you to have stuck around or have absolutely no other offers.

YES sleep with him ffs. As much as possible. One more sexless date and he will be off balling some other chick, your number deleted.

Lol

Gosh is this really what guys think?

It's only been 3 dates.

If a girl has sex with a guy on the first date she's "easy" and "up for it"

If she waits a little before she gives up the goods she's a nun.

:rolleyes:
Original post by Pattie Labelle
Lol

It's only been 3 dates.

First date is great, second date is acceptable.

there is no third date.
Original post by chazwomaq
He's 4 ffs! What are you thinking? How do his parents not know what you are doing? I feel sick:sick:

...oh wait

yeah... that didn't really work, did it Chaz.
Sex should occur on the first date, with anal on the second.
Original post by Pattie Labelle
Lol

It's only been 3 dates.

No, it isn't. Evident from his posting history, that person is just very strongly opposed to the culture whereby girls are often more selective when it comes to who to have sex with, and wait until the time is right, instead of indiscriminately and nymphomaniacally jumping into bed at the first offer. Probably because he can't get any.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tazarooni89
No, it isn't. Evident from his posting history, that person is just very strongly opposed to the culture whereby girls are often more selective when it comes to who to have sex with, and wait until the time is right, instead of indiscriminately and nymphomaniacally jumping into bed at the first offer. Probably because he can't get any.

lol
If you want it then do it, not having sex BECAUSE you actually like someone sounds do stupid.
Reply 16
This shouldn't even be a thread.

Go with the flow, yo.
Que Sera Sera.
The only obvious answer is if you want to and he wants to, then sleep together. See what happens and how comfortable you are and go from there.
It's date 4 - I wouldn't worry about him thinking you're not serious. See how things go on the night and if it feels right then it feels right.

Spontaneity (Y)
Reply 19
I'm a little out of practice when it comes to dating (was in a serious relationship for 2 years until last year, this is my first dating experience since) So forgive me if this is a silly question.

Anyway, so we've had 3 dates. Going really well; I'm very attracted to him, we get along great, chemistry has been there since the offset. In fact, I think its fair to say I've fallen hard for him. And (I think) he feels it too, because on our last date he said "I hope it isn't too early to say this but I really like you" :smile: was cute.

I've invited him round for dinner and a movie tomorrow. Now, I'm a liberal person when it comes to sex; I think its great fun and something that's very natural. However, cos I'm so serious about him I'm not sure if tomorrow is too soon to have sex for the first time or not. I've had one night stands before but am definitely looking for something more meaningful now, just want to make that clear to him without scaring him off. Should we talk about it? Or just see what happens? Like I said, a bit out of practice...

Oh and I'm 20, he's 25, if that's in any way relevant[/

Too late. Usual protocol is that on the second date you invite him/her over for some bow chicka wow wow

Quick Reply