The Student Room Group

"first year of uni is easy compared to alevels" - BIGGEST LIE YOU WILL EVERY HEAR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by R Dragon
Not to be rude... but how can you imply that she's dim because she works a lot? Just because you did Arts doesn't mean all other degrees are as easy as yours.

You have no right to say that to anyone

It's strange how you try to take the moral high ground, then completely discount your maturity by bolting on a snobby comment like that.

What's worse is that you got a lot of rep for it.

:erm:
Original post by Chelsea man
I couldn't have put it better myself. I'm at UCL and it's a killer the amount of workload we are getting. Plus I am a slow learner so keeping up with lecture is pointless. Where you at and what you studying?

I'm at queen mary studying Psychology. I'm not a slow learner but i took a gap year and a year of no studying means its going to take longer for me to adjust compared to those who came straight out of college :/

You?? :smile:
They were both easy tbh
Original post by Pattie Labelle
Maybe you're a bit dim OP?

You're always making posts about how bad uni has been for you. Maybe you should just drop out?

Maybe she's doing a harder course than you?
I had 25 contact hours a week during the 1st semester of my 1st year compared to the 10 or less some of my hall-mates had.
Original post by jay2013
LOL!

Try doing a research masters in a science subject and you'll see that 1st year undergrad is a picnic.

My sister told me the hardest she's ever worked for was A Levels, less for her degree and even less now that she's doing her PhD
And she done biochemical engineering at UCL and got a 1st and AAA at A Level

Posted from TSR Mobile
My first year was easy. It was just my A levels again but with easier exams. :smile:
Reply 86
I totally agree.
Original post by noshahmad
My sister told me the hardest she's ever worked for was A Levels, less for her degree and even less now that she's doing her PhD
And she done biochemical engineering at UCL and got a 1st and AAA at A Level

Posted from TSR Mobile

What alevels did your sis do?
Original post by Secretnerd123
What alevels did your sis do?

Biology, Chemistry & Maths and AS Art :smile:
I keep seeing posters on here telling those in sixthform/college that uni is easier than alevels and I was fed the same lies before I started uni so entered with a 'first year is going to be a breeze' mindset. Oh how wrong I was. It will hit you like a ton of bricks if you have this mindset. IT IS NOT EASY and you'll actually miss doing alevels. Don't listen to those who say its easy.

That is all.

Spoiler

I absolutely agree with you! My sis said the same thing and I was literally shocked when I started my uni. Its so time consuming than A-levels and its understandable why that is the case. However, saying its easier than A-levels is just not true. It didn't work for me.
First year of uni was easy, expect to not have a life in your final year though.
Seriously enjoy your 1st year.
Original post by Maliha Ahmed
I absolutely agree with you! My sis said the same thing and I was literally shocked when I started my uni. Its so time consuming than A-levels and its understandable why that is the case. However, saying its easier than A-levels is just not true. It didn't work for me.

Exactly!!! What course do you do?
Original post by noshahmad
Biology, Chemistry & Maths and AS Art :smile:

Woaah I can only imagine the level of work those alevels would require!
Original post by Badshah
I totally agree.

yayy :biggrin:
Exactly!!! What course do you do?

Woaah I can only imagine the level of work those alevels would require!

I'm doing Law. How about you ?
(edited 9 years ago)
LOL, after the first lecture, I was having a "did I make the right decision" crisis.

Spoiler

yayy :biggrin:

I feel you babes, the workload is killing me!!
Original post by TheGrinningSkull
LOL, after the first lecture, I was having a "did I make the right decision" crisis.

Spoiler

Haha. This is exactly what went through my mind but now I feel like I can do it and I enjoy it a lot.
Original post by Psyc_Girl

I'm also in similar situation and believe me its so stressful! :frown:
I'm also in similar situation and believe me its so stressful! :frown:

Omg I know! Have so many deadlines approaching :frown:
I'm doing Law. How about you ?

Cool! I'm doing Psychology :smile: i very nearly did law but doing it at A2 discouraged me because it started to bore me and psych seemed more intriguing plus there are more career options that I could see myself working in.

Original post by TheGrinningSkull

Spoiler

Lol I had that moment a few weeks ago too :tongue:

Original post by Psyc_Girl

Ahh im getting sort of used to it now even though im faaar behind. I have an essay and a mid term test next week, neither of which im prepared for :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending