The Student Room Group

What is your favourite ride at Blackpool Pleasure Beach?

I'm going in a fortnight for the first time and wanna know what rollercoaster/rides are your favourite :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

pepsi max aka "the big one". i think there's a loop de loop one as well called iron bru? i don't know it was ages ago that i went.

go on the ones that scare you the most.
Reply 2
Original post by The_Last_Melon
pepsi max aka "the big one". i think there's a loop de loop one as well called iron bru? i don't know it was ages ago that i went.

go on the ones that scare you the most.

From the looks of it, the Tango Ice Blast ride looks the scariest to me so far! The Pepsi Max looks great :smile: I've been watching POV vids on youtube of all the rides.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The car journey home. What a dump.
Hope you get decent weather :unsure:

'The big one' is the big draw imo but there are several wooden coasters with a lot of charm, my favourite of these is 'Grand National' - and the geeky reason is that though it appears to have racing trains on twin tracks it's really one track arranged as a Mobius strip, you arrive back to the opposite side of the station to the one you set off from.
Reply 5
Also going to Madame Tussaud's and the water park while there for the 4 days. We have one day left with nothing planned so if you have any suggestions let me know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viva Emptiness

​PROSM.
Reply 7
Original post by Viva Emptiness

Is The Pleasure Beach really that bad? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Is The Pleasure Beach really that bad? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pleasure Beach is ok when you're inside, no worse than any other UK theme park. Rest of the town is pretty run down though. The Big One is a great ride, and have a ride on the Grand National too - it's a mobius strip roller coaster! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Valhala was pretty fun.
Reply 10
Is the ghost train any good? I'm a sucker for rides like that :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
The Sandcastle (water park) is far better than the Pleasure Beach I'd say! It's bloody amazing! On your spare day, you should go to the Tower! Blackpool has completely changed over the last few years however. I went last year for the first time in 6 years and it just seemed so different. I'd say it's moved away from attracting families and it's now more for stags and hen dos! However, the Pleasure Beach and the Sandcastle are both really fun!
Reply 12
Original post by Y2J97
The Sandcastle (water park) is far better than the Pleasure Beach I'd say! It's bloody amazing! On your spare day, you should go to the Tower! Blackpool has completely changed over the last few years however. I went last year for the first time in 6 years and it just seemed so different. I'd say it's moved away from attracting families and it's now more for stags and hen dos! However, the Pleasure Beach and the Sandcastle are both really fun!

Booked into the pleasure beach on the Saturday and then the water park on the Sunday :tongue: looking forward to the water park as (since you have a Scottish flag, I'm assuming you're Scottish and will know what I'm talking about :tongue: ) I've only ever been to The Time Capsule which was good but its hardly a water park, more like a pool which one or two extra flumes. As for theme parks I've only ever been to M&Ds and Loudoun Castle before that shut and they were ok but nothing on the scale of the pleasure beach so I'm excited :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I like.Avalanche but.only.cos.I was too scared to go on Valhalla or the Big One :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by Riku
I like.Avalanche but.only.cos.I was too scared to go on Valhalla or the Big One :tongue:

Avalanche looks great :biggrin:
Aww I can't judge. I'm too scared to go on the Tango ride :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Joinedup
Hope you get decent weather :unsure:

'The big one' is the big draw imo but there are several wooden coasters with a lot of charm, my favourite of these is 'Grand National' - and the geeky reason is that though it appears to have racing trains on twin tracks it's really one track arranged as a Mobius strip, you arrive back to the opposite side of the station to the one you set off from.

Ooh can you explain?
Reply 16
Booked into the pleasure beach on the Saturday and then the water park on the Sunday :tongue: looking forward to the water park as (since you have a Scottish flag, I'm assuming you're Scottish and will know what I'm talking about :tongue: ) I've only ever been to The Time Capsule which was good but its hardly a water park, more like a pool which one or two extra flumes. As for theme parks I've only ever been to M&Ds and Loudoun Castle before that shut and they were ok but nothing on the scale of the pleasure beach so I'm excited :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'm Scottish :tongue: The water park really is fantastic - we should really have one up here! Where is the Time Capsule, I've never heard of it? M&Ds is ok, Loudon was pretty good also (didn't realise it had closed until last year lol). I've been to those plus Pleasure Beach and Alton Towers and Alton Towers is definitely the best out of them all - you should go there sometime!
Reply 17
Original post by Y2J97
Yeah, I'm Scottish :tongue: The water park really is fantastic - we should really have one up here! Where is the Time Capsule, I've never heard of it? M&Ds is ok, Loudon was pretty good also (didn't realise it had closed until last year lol). I've been to those plus Pleasure Beach and Alton Towers and Alton Towers is definitely the best out of them all - you should go there sometime!

The Time Capsule is in Coatbridge, so just a little outside of Glasgow. I was heartbroken that Loudoun Castle shut down. I live in Ayr so it was pretty much just up the road from me :frown: lol.

I've heard good things about Alton Towers. I'll try hinting for my bf to take me for my bday next year haha.
the wild mouse is hilarious but i wouldn't recommend it straight after eating...

the ghost train is alright, i think it was the first one in britain so it's an interesting ride. the big one, the grand national and infusion are pretty good too. definitely my favourite theme park in the UK!
Reply 19
The Time Capsule is in Coatbridge, so just a little outside of Glasgow. I was heartbroken that Loudoun Castle shut down. I live in Ayr so it was pretty much just up the road from me :frown: lol.

I've heard good things about Alton Towers. I'll try hinting for my bf to take me for my bday next year haha.

Strange, I've never heard of it! Yeah, me too! My school always used to go there for school trips! I went every year from P3 to P7, except P6 - good times!

You should, it's brilliant!!

Quick Reply

Latest