The Student Room Group

Roommate problems.

(I didn't know where to put this as he's not really a friend, well, only slightly)

My one pet peeve is leaving lights on after you've left a room.
This is my second year with my roommates and last year I had to live with a 'nightlight' as my roommate doesn't like the dark.

But now it's getting worse. The hall light is constantly on and he never turns it off, even during the day. The last few days he's left the living room light and the kitchen light on before he went to bed, which drives me insane as all night the downstairs lights have been left on.

I hardly ever see him now, and he comes into the kitchen when I'm trying to sleep so I can't really talk to him. I hate confrontation and I know this is such a petty problem and is more about me than him, but it really is driving me mad coming downstairs in the morning and seeing all the lights on.

Would a text me too petty? I was thinking about going downstairs at 3am to turn the lights off and hope he would get the message, but that's more work for me as I'd have to get up at an insane time.

This is a Long message just to rant about lights... but it's my one and only pet peeve.

Edit: reading this back I'm realising how petty and ridiculous I'm sounding. I guess I admit that, but don't you have things that bother you about your roommates?! It gets more and more annoying the more you think about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Chill
Original post by stargirl63
Chill
My roommate is rich and doesn't care. I don't have the money to pay for pointless electricity.
Original post by snowystarks
My roommate is rich and doesn't care. I don't have the money to pay for pointless electricity.

In that case, just tell him to turrn the light off.

If it bugs you, go into his room and turn on his light when he is sleeping, or turn it off when he is studying. Just be a bit of a bitch. Or put stickers next to the switches to say "please turn light off" .
Original post by snowystarks

Costs about 50p/week to leave an energy saver on 24/7.
Just tell him you can't afford the high bills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending