The Student Room Group

Are my choices too risky?!?!? please help ?!?

At AS I achieved ABCC, predicted AAB and hope to get A*AB. The B and C as AS were only a few UMS marks away from the next grade however I didn’t put my UMS marks into UCAS. So my choices are Edinburgh, UCL, KCL and Royal Holloway for a BA in Geography and Exeter for Human Science. I have sent my application off but do you think I have made the wrong choices

:confused::s-smilie::mad:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lizmoo0721
At AS I achieved ABCC, predicted AAB and hope to get A*AB. The B and C as AS were only a few UMS marks away from the next grade however I didn’t put my UMS marks into UCAS. So my choices are Edinburgh, UCL, KCL and Royal Holloway for a BA in Geography and Exeter for Human Science. I have sent my application off but do you think I have made the wrong choices

:confused::s-smilie::mad:

No offence but it looks like you're overreaching. Is there any way you can get it back?
Reply 2
Original post by Rumple
No offence but it looks like you're overreaching. Is there any way you can get it back?

I've already sent it off :frown:
Reply 3
I've already sent it off :frown:

If you're fortunate you'll get at least one offer.
What are the entry requirements for those courses?
Reply 5
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What are the entry requirements for those courses?

Exeter - ABB-AAB
KCL - AAB
Holloway - ABB
UCL - AAA-AAB (I'm not expecting anything, I just couldn't find anywhere else I liked)
Edinburgh - ABB
Exeter - ABB-AAB
KCL - AAB
Holloway - ABB
UCL - AAA-AAB (I'm not expecting anything, I just couldn't find anywhere else I liked)
Edinburgh - ABB

I think you stand a chance :smile:

Not UCL though
Reply 7
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I think you stand a chance :smile:

Not UCL though

okay, yeah I know not UCL, but I would have just regretted not trying
Reply 8
Exeter - ABB-AAB
KCL - AAB
Holloway - ABB
Edinburgh - ABB

If you sent a strong personal statement i believe you could get into Holloway, Exeter and maybe even Edinburgh.
Reply 9
Original post by DiaanaE
If you sent a strong personal statement i believe you could get into Holloway, Exeter and maybe even Edinburgh.

I think it was quite strong, I have done open university modules, dofe, bank of newyork, and I think I am contextual aswell. I hope so!!
Reply 10
I think it was quite strong, I have done open university modules, dofe, bank of newyork, and I think I am contextual aswell. I hope so!!

Good luck!
Original post by DiaanaE
Good luck!

Thank You!! :biggrin:
Original post by Rumple

Only One???
Exeter - ABB-AAB
KCL - AAB
Holloway - ABB
Edinburgh - ABB

Well you've got grades that suggest ABB would be possible and that's your prediction so I'd say you'll probably get a few offers provided the rest of your application is strong. Although UCL seems very unlikely.
Aim higher. I did and got an offer.
Reply 15
Obviously you've sent it off now, but you didn't have to specifically write your module grades, your teachers should have acknowledged if you were a couple of UMS marks off and should have written this in your reference to strengthen your application. I achieved a disappointing ABBC at AS and my predictions are A*AAB as I was 2% off the next grade in all my 4 subjects and my teachers included it in my references along with other achievements I gained (e.g. A's in all coursework for bio and chem etc). I'm applying to universities with requirements of AAB-ABB
Original post by Rumple

I did get an offer, thanks for the positivity, I think thats what helped!
Reply 17
I did get an offer, thanks for the positivity, I think thats what helped!

Congratulations! What school is it?

Also, UCL CAN happen, provided that your personal statement is stong enough. I read of a girl who got in with ABC predictions!
Original post by Summit
Congratulations! What school is it?

Also, UCL CAN happen, provided that your personal statement is stong enough. I read of a girl who got in with ABC predictions!

It was exeter, so I'm pleased with that. I removed UCL, my referee told me it was too high, but I think i might put it down later today. I'd regret not doing so.
:smile:
Reply 19
It was exeter, so I'm pleased with that. I removed UCL, my referee told me it was too high, but I think i might put it down later today. I'd regret not doing so.
:smile:

Exeter is amazing! :smile: I have so many friends applying there. You should really put UCL back, there is no downside. You might not get in, ut atleast you gave it a shot!

Quick Reply

Latest