The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Offers and Accomodation.

I am applying to do politics and economics at Sheffield, i have just applied today, does anyone know when i am likely to hear back? And does anyone know which halls are the best or if any have certain reputation.
Sheffield were the first to get back to me when I applied last year, only took about a week. Other people I have spoken to have said the same, although they have all be mechanical engineering students so I dunno if it's the same in every apartment! Roughly 75% of uni accommodation is the same price and is very nice. I'm staying in crescent flats, they are older accommodation and are not quite as great - annoyingly having a very small kitchen/seating area with no sofas unlike most places. From the people I've spoken to so far stephenson seems to be the worst though
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by monkeyvonban
Sheffield were the first to get back to me when I applied last year, only took about a week. Other people I have spoken to have said the same, although they have all be mechanical engineering students so I dunno if it's the same in every apartment! Roughly 75% of uni accommodation is the same price and is very nice. I'm staying in crescent flats, they are older accommodation and are not quite as great - annoyingly having a very small kitchen/seating area with no sofas unlike most places. From the people I've spoken to so far stephenson seems to be the worst though

Thank you, have u heard that any are known to be the best? Or the poshest as in halls with posher people?
Reply 3
Original post by georgeparkinson
I am applying to do politics and economics at Sheffield, i have just applied today, does anyone know when i am likely to hear back? And does anyone know which halls are the best or if any have certain reputation.

I sent off my application on Monday for politics and philosophy, and got an offer yesterday so they can be pretty quick!
Reply 4
It took about two weeks for my offer to come through and I'm doing politics and philosophy. I don't think there's ever a 'set time', it's usually different for everyone.

It depends what you're looking for. If you want a social atmosphere then definitely Endcliffe, it has a lot more people in it and it's definitely a lot more active. If you want a social atmosphere but still really want peace and quite then Ranmoor is ideal since it's 5 mins away from Endcliffe and still has a social atmosphere but just a lot smaller. City/Central accommodation isn't as social as Endcliffe and Ranmoor but it's much nearer to the uni which can make it the best option for some people. Personally I'd recommend Endcliffe.
Original post by Rlove95
It took about two weeks for my offer to come through and I'm doing politics and philosophy. I don't think there's ever a 'set time', it's usually different for everyone.

It depends what you're looking for. If you want a social atmosphere then definitely Endcliffe, it has a lot more people in it and it's definitely a lot more active. If you want a social atmosphere but still really want peace and quite then Ranmoor is ideal since it's 5 mins away from Endcliffe and still has a social atmosphere but just a lot smaller. City/Central accommodation isn't as social as Endcliffe and Ranmoor but it's much nearer to the uni which can make it the best option for some people. Personally I'd recommend Endcliffe.

I really want to get Endcliffe! How do you allocate places? From what I've seen on here, Endcliffe is definitely the most popular accommodation.
Reply 6
Original post by libertinegirl96
I really want to get Endcliffe! How do you allocate places? From what I've seen on here, Endcliffe is definitely the most popular accommodation.

You can apply for uni accommodation from sometime in March, where you choose your preferred student village, room type and whether you'd be happy to share communal areas with the opposite gender.

The accommodation begins to be allocated on Results Day. I believe only firmers are allocated accommodation first and, from who I've spoken to, everyone got their first-choice room type. They express whether they accept their offered room by a certain date; the 'spare' accommodation is then allocated to insurance and clearing students.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Exodecai
You can apply for uni accommodation from sometime in March, where you choose your preferred student village, room type and whether you'd be happy to share communal areas with the opposite gender.

The accommodation begins to be allocated on Results Day. I believe only firmers are allocated accommodation first and, from who I've spoken to, everyone got their first-choice room type. They express whether they accept their offered room by a certain date; the 'spare' accommodation is then allocated to insurance and clearing students.

Thanks for the reply! I'm definitely firming Sheffield, this helped a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending