The Student Room Group

How long does Sheffield take to give out offers/rejections?

for philosophy by the way :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Ohh I'm applying to Sheffield for Phil to! I haven't sent my PS off yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by FreshGarbage
Ohh I'm applying to Sheffield for Phil to! I haven't sent my PS off yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finally another prospective philosopher!! :smile: I sent mine off a week ago :s-smilie:Where else do you think you'll apply if you don't mind my asking? :smile:
Original post by Bigheadharry
Finally another prospective philosopher!! :smile: I sent mine off a week ago :s-smilie:Where else do you think you'll apply if you don't mind my asking? :smile:

Ohhh maybe Sheffield, Newcastle, bristol, Lancaster, Durham ... Not sure though. I'm asking for deferred entry haha how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

St Andrews, Sheffield, York, Edinburgh and Aberdeen :smile: Got an offer from York yesterday!! woooo!

Why philosophy? :smile: if you don't mind my asking - never met anyone else who wanted to study it :colondollar:
St Andrews, Sheffield, York, Edinburgh and Aberdeen :smile: Got an offer from York yesterday!! woooo!

Why philosophy? :smile: if you don't mind my asking - never met anyone else who wanted to study it :colondollar:

Ahh even though this question wasn't for me I'm going to answer it anyway.
Philosophy is amazing. I take a range of subjects and find it is more challenging than sciences and more interesting. And compared to the arts its feels a lot more academic. I know that sounds stupid but you learn complicated theories that are interesting and allow you to develop our own beliefs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ahh even though this question wasn't for me I'm going to answer it anyway.
Philosophy is amazing. I take a range of subjects and find it is more challenging than sciences and more interesting. And compared to the arts its feels a lot more academic. I know that sounds stupid but you learn complicated theories that are interesting and allow you to develop our own beliefs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completely agree!!! there's something so liberating in its concepts and so valuable in its enquiries. You can have any subject, ever, from physics to child care, and take it to its most advanced level, and you will always end up with a question of philosophy. It is such a beautiful subject. So the fact you want to study at it at uni makes you pretty cool in my book :tongue:
I completely agree!!! there's something so liberating in its concepts and so valuable in its enquiries. You can have any subject, ever, from physics to child care, and take it to its most advanced level, and you will always end up with a question of philosophy. It is such a beautiful subject. So the fact you want to study at it at uni makes you pretty cool in my book :tongue:

Haha! I think its one subject I've actually been passionate about, I like my other subjects but I've only ever considered philosophy as a degree. I want to learn more, it has made me genuinely change how I look at aspects of my life :smile:.

What other subjects do you take?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm doing a joint honours with philosophy and my offer took about 2 weeks and a bit to come.
Reply 9
Haha! I think its one subject I've actually been passionate about, I like my other subjects but I've only ever considered philosophy as a degree. I want to learn more, it has made me genuinely change how I look at aspects of my life :smile:.

What other subjects do you take?

Posted from TSR Mobile

psychology, english and geography :L would have preferred others to be honest but my school is tiny. What about you? :smile:
Original post by Rlove95
I'm doing a joint honours with philosophy and my offer took about 2 weeks and a bit to come.

okay! thanks a lot :smile:
psychology, english and geography :L would have preferred others to be honest but my school is tiny. What about you? :smile:

Psychology, philosophy, chemistry and art. I dropped chemistry. I really regret my A level choices though :frown:
If I could start again I would pick philosophy, rs, chemistry and maths...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending