The Student Room Group

Withdrew from University - Loans and Grants

Hi, I withdrew from University two weeks ago and was told I would have to pay a certain amount of my tuition fee back when I'm earning over a certain amount which I'm fine with.

I am still waiting for my Uni to contact student finance about the withdrawal but what no one is telling me is how and when I pay my Student Support Loan and Supplementary Grant back?

I've looked around online and some say you don't pay back until you're earning and some say you have to pay it all back immediately? I won't be able to pay it back straight away as I used to pay for student accommodation....
Reply 1
The grant is repayable immediately, but you should be able to negotiate a gradual repayment plan with Student Finance. They're realistic enough to know that much of your SF will already have been spent on non-refundable accommodation costs. You're not the only person in this situation by a long chalk, so they're used to dealing with it.
Reply 2
Thanks, what about the student support loan?

edit - Also what kind of plans can I make? I probably won't be able to pay anything back until I have a job.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by smittyjaja
Hi, I withdrew from University two weeks ago and was told I would have to pay a certain amount of my tuition fee back when I'm earning over a certain amount which I'm fine with.

I am still waiting for my Uni to contact student finance about the withdrawal but what no one is telling me is how and when I pay my Student Support Loan and Supplementary Grant back?

I've looked around online and some say you don't pay back until you're earning and some say you have to pay it all back immediately? I won't be able to pay it back straight away as I used to pay for student accommodation....

Your the one that has to phone up student finance and tell them you withdrew.

Quick Reply

Latest