The Student Room Group

When is the right time to apply for Imperial?

I am going to apply for Imperial.
I take IB and I'm predicted at 42 with 777 in math, physics, and chemistry all of which are at hl.
I did not apply for oxbridge, but I have the documents almost ready.
When do you think is the right time for me to apply?
Asap
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Asap

Thank you for your reply. Could you explain why you think so?
Original post by tenorblizzard
I take IB and I'm predicted at 42 with 777 in math, physics, and chemistry all of which are at hl.
if you're happy with your personal statement then I don't why not now. If your application is ready to send you may feel some relief from having sent it off, however if you think you can make your personal statement stronger then work on that more. Technically before Jan 15th whenever you send it it shouldn't affect your chances
Thank you for your reply. Could you explain why you think so?

Get it in quick, so then they'll have you down as organised, efficient and they'll know your non Oxbridge due to deadline and then they'll think you're applying with them in mind as first choice.

Although they might not reply for a while you'll probably in better position.

What are you applying for? You might get offers elsewhere quite early on if you're applying to others.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Get it in quick, so then they'll have you down as organised, efficient and they'll know your non Oxbridge due to deadline and then they'll think you're applying with them in mind as first choice.

Although they might not reply for a while you'll probably in better position.

What are you applying for? You might get offers elsewhere quite early on if you're applying to others.

I'm applying for Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester, and Exeter.
Okay, so maybe being a non-Oxbridge may help.
Original post by arcanum96
if you're happy with your personal statement then I don't why not now. If your application is ready to send you may feel some relief from having sent it off, however if you think you can make your personal statement stronger then work on that more. Technically before Jan 15th whenever you send it it shouldn't affect your chances

Thank you!

At some point before the equal consideration deadline.

If you are good enough for Imperial, you will get an offer regardless of when you apply. If you get rejected it will be due to problems with your application not the time you applied. At this stage, there is no rush, so if you want to go over your PS one more time, or whatever, that's ok. Do allow your teachers plenty of time to write their reference though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending