The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Applying for an Environmental Stewardship course - Are my grades enough?

After about a month at City of Glasgow college, I quit and got a job instead. I was finding it a little too basic and although it wasn't a breeze, it was pretty easy. My career path has changed a little and I am now looking to apply to the Glasgow Uni Environmental Stewardship course in the Dumfries Campus. Before I start my personal statement, I will be taking part in as many outdoor volunteer excursions as I can, to get my statement looking good, as I don't have much environmental experience, except in that I really enjoy it. I'll also be attending the summer school to boost my chances. Basically, my worry is that my grades might not manage to make the cut. The course has relatively low entry requirements (BBBB by 6th year) and I have AAACC, with 2 As in the recommended subjects. Has anyone else been on this course and know if that will be enough? I guess I can only try my best to make it work and see what happens. Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by iangpark
After about a month at City of Glasgow college, I quit and got a job instead. I was finding it a little too basic and although it wasn't a breeze, it was pretty easy. My career path has changed a little and I am now looking to apply to the Glasgow Uni Environmental Stewardship course in the Dumfries Campus. Before I start my personal statement, I will be taking part in as many outdoor volunteer excursions as I can, to get my statement looking good, as I don't have much environmental experience, except in that I really enjoy it. I'll also be attending the summer school to boost my chances. Basically, my worry is that my grades might not manage to make the cut. The course has relatively low entry requirements (BBBB by 6th year) and I have AAACC, with 2 As in the recommended subjects. Has anyone else been on this course and know if that will be enough? I guess I can only try my best to make it work and see what happens. Thanks.

Hiya, I'm a 3rd year in Env stewardship. I'm almost certain you'll get in with those grades, but if you want a little more reassurance you could drop an email to admissions-dumfries(at)glasgow.ac.uk.

If you've got any questions about the degree, or dumfries is general, feel free to give me a shout here or as a PM.
(edited 9 years ago)
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by pjm600
Hiya, I'm a 3rd year in Env stewardship. I'm almost certain you'll get in with those grades, but if you want a little more reassurance you could drop an email to admissions-dumfries(at)glasgow.ac.uk.

If you've got any questions about the degree, or dumfries is general, feel free to give me a shout here or as a PM.

Calmed my nerves a bit haha, thanks! Now just got to get to work on the personal statement... :afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending