The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
I'm at home right now but I think yu just connect the webcam to the pc port and it should say new hardware detected.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
what? lol.

sorry what i meant was that webcams are blocked because apparently the only port open for us to use is port 80. anyone know of a webcam program that allows me to over ride the networks firewall/use port 80 to send the webcam?
ace23
what? lol.

sorry what i meant was that webcams are blocked because apparently the only port open for us to use is port 80. anyone know of a webcam program that allows me to over ride the networks firewall/use port 80 to send the webcam?

ARE YOU SERIOUS? :mad: :eek: :mad:
That it outrageous. How am I gonna talk to my family?
Breathes*** That is so out of order I am so gonna complain.

Searches internet for programme because she is majory pissed off.
Reply 4
Both Webcams and microphones are blocked! Although a few hours ago I was on my friends PC and it worked for her.
Hm...someone keeps deleting my posts...

They can work - uve just got to find a port that isn't blocked! Port 80 is not the only one available otherwise games and FTPs and other such software wudn't work (I know for a fact that 6112 is required for Guild Wars and that works fine and port 21 & 1112 for my FTP altho its really slow).

There are people in my Halls who know how to do it but they're not sharing! It's annoying!!

Also - anyone whos got Tesco Internet Phone or Skype to work feel free to contribute - my dad in Czech has apparently been going insane trying to get hold of me!!!
Reply 6
actually.. on msn.. webcam works to no one.. EXCEPT my girlfriend.. so im pretty happy about that (although its really weird coz i tried a hundred times with 15 other people and it only worked with her haha)

Latest

Trending

Trending