The Student Room Group

Re-applying to uni..

Hi,
So long story short, I was at uni last year but things didn't work out and by the time all that went down it was much too late to get another spot at uni for this current academic year, so I'm taking a year out (working etc- I'm now 20) but I really want to re-apply for uni for next year. Do I need to make a whole new personal statement? I'm also taking a new a-level to be sat in May/June of 2015...
Help?! My school is useless and I don't really know the protocol for this situation.
Hi i am reapplying to uni for 2015 entry. What I am doing is writing a whole new personal statement as I have a lot more experiences and books thy I've read etc to include which will show extra passion and commitment to the course. However you don't have to write a whole new personal statement and can use your one from last year if you want as they ask for your previous ucas id and obviously it will flag you up as the same person so the ucas plagiarism won't go off.

In regards to getting a reference and predicted grades, I am gonna ask my form tutor from last year if I can get some. I will go into the school and demand them if they try and fob me off, but my teachers and I got on so I'm sure they won't mind
Original post by neal95
Hi i am reapplying to uni for 2015 entry. What I am doing is writing a whole new personal statement as I have a lot more experiences and books thy I've read etc to include which will show extra passion and commitment to the course. However you don't have to write a whole new personal statement and can use your one from last year if you want as they ask for your previous ucas id and obviously it will flag you up as the same person so the ucas plagiarism won't go off.

In regards to getting a reference and predicted grades, I am gonna ask my form tutor from last year if I can get some. I will go into the school and demand them if they try and fob me off, but my teachers and I got on so I'm sure they won't mind

Ahhh that's useful, thank you! I'm going to have to see what I can do about references because my form tutor (and the teacher who taught me Econ which is what 'm studying) has left! But most of teachers liked me a lot so hopefully it won't be too difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending