The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York offer holders (2015) :-)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bloovanmeer
Here's the Freshers group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/795849217156512/

And here's the applicants/offer holders group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/929368663748105/

They're pretty much the same thing, a lot of people are in both, including me :P

Ohhh Thank you so much! :biggrin: I have been looking for this group in Facebook for months already. I found this instead...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/687273811357821/

It seemed really weird that there were only 5 members! :confused:
University of York
York
Original post by Ylenezmrios
Ohhh Thank you so much! :biggrin: I have been looking for this group in Facebook for months already. I found this instead...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/687273811357821/

It seemed really weird that there were only 5 members! :confused:

Yeah, usually a bunch pop up - a lot of them are run by promoters, so you'll get a couple of ads for competitions or club nights but it's pretty much just students posting in these ones at the moment!
Yes, I need to get AAB. What about you?

Same, I'm so scared I'm not going to get it but York is pretty much my dream course and uni so I really want to make it
I know when choosing accommodation that you can opt for quieter blocks/flats, does anyone know what these are like?
Original post by Photographer406
I know when choosing accommodation that you can opt for quieter blocks/flats, does anyone know what these are like?

they are quieter
[QUOTE=Photographer406;54711905]Same, I'm so scared I'm not going to get it but York is pretty much my dream course and uni so I really want to make it[/QUOTE]

I really want to go to York too. As you said, it has my dream course combining theory and practice and it seems this will facilitate it for us to have more job opportunities in the future.

It's just so nerve wracking to even think about the possibility of getting less than what they require :frown:

I am trying my best now, even though I really appreciate these two weeks "off". I NEED them to become a human being again haha :biggrin:
Original post by cumberlordie
Congrats to both of you! I'll be firming Linguistics at York soon, too!

I think I'll be doing the same! :smile:
Original post by harry3337
they are quieter

Wow, didn't expect that :P I meant how so, do people still go out occasionally or is it filled with people who always stay in and study?
[QUOTE=Photographer406;54711905]Same, I'm so scared I'm not going to get it but York is pretty much my dream course and uni so I really want to make it[/QUOTE]

I really want to go to York too. As you said, it has my dream course combining theory and practice and it seems this will facilitate it for us to have more job opportunities in the future.

It's just so nerve wracking to even think about the possibility of getting less than what they require :frown:

I am trying my best now, even though I really appreciate these two weeks "off". I NEED them to become a human being again haha :biggrin:

Exactly :biggrin: Although, I have seen quite a few people get accepted even if they're one grade off I think, so that gives a bit more hope. At least we've got the offers, so we know we have a high chance of getting into York, we just need to prove it. If that makes any sense.
Original post by hollybeth

You too! Are you going to the offer holders day in a few weeks time?

I don't think so because I would have to fly over all the way from italy and I don't really have time with school and everything! I'd love to attend though, i've never even been to York :biggrin:

Original post by SarahLund
I think I'll be doing the same! :smile:

That's great!!
(edited 9 years ago)
I have an offer for History at York and I was wondering how people are choosing their accommodation. I don't know what i really want, probably catered, but how is everyone else deciding which accommodation to choose?
history, AAA :smile: sooo happy!
do we have a facebook page or something like that?
would love to chat with other students :wink:
Original post by teresa19
history, AAA :smile: sooo happy!
do we have a facebook page or something like that?
would love to chat with other students :wink:

Offer holders chat
https://www.facebook.com/groups/929368663748105/973573072660997
Original post by kungfumoustache
I have an offer for History at York and I was wondering how people are choosing their accommodation. I don't know what i really want, probably catered, but how is everyone else deciding which accommodation to choose?

I really haven't decided yet :/ each college seems to have its own personality and type of accommodation, i've been trying to form an idea of what i want and what each college is like! it's not easy though!!
class reply
hi there! i got my offer for film and tv production and am now looking into accommodation. :smile:
Considering the department is on the Heslington East side, can anyone tell me more about the Langwith, Constantine and Goodricke colleges? (Eg pros and cons?)

Also congrats to others who got their offers!
Hey,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here many congratulations to those of you who have received your offers already!
Just to help you guys in your search for accommodation in York this Sept. I know that there is a huge choice of student accommodation out there to pick from, but at Fresh Student Living we work hard to make ours just that little bit unique. We have two fantastic, purpose built developments just minutes from the University of York.

Foss Studios
Brand new for 2015, so you could be the first to live here!
Each studio has a comfy double bed, kitchen area with breakfast bar, spacious work areas and your very own en suite shower room!
The show flat is open Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays 11am-4pm and 1pm-7pm on a Wednesday, so you’re more than welcome to come take a look around.

The Boulevard
A huge choice of shared en suite apartments - perfect if you want to live with a group of friends or spacious en suite studios, ideal if you’re looking for a place of your own.

So whether you’re a first year, undergraduate or a postgraduate all our rooms are built with students in mind.
Budgeting is easy too - all bills, Wi-Fi and contents insurance are included in the rent. Plus you’ll have extra peace of mind with secure entry systems and staff on site 24/7. What’s more we have great social spaces with flat screen TV’s and we hold regular social events which adds to the community feel.

Check out our website for more information.

Thanks,
Bev @ Fresh
I've got an offer for Psychology (York is my favourite so i was really pleased about that) - but now the question is accommodation. I was thinking James, Derwent or Alcuin, but can't make my mind up - any suggestions/recommendations???
Reply 598
Please, ideas about which college:
For a chem student.
A reasonably good room, pref. ensuite.
Not far from chem dep.
Eating; cafeteria??
Easy to make friends!
Original post by tiffanygan
hi there! i got my offer for film and tv production and am now looking into accommodation. :smile:
Considering the department is on the Heslington East side, can anyone tell me more about the Langwith, Constantine and Goodricke colleges? (Eg pros and cons?)

Also congrats to others who got their offers!

Hi Tiffanygan,

Congratulations on your offer! I'm from the Accommodation team at York. Our students are the real experts on the 'social' aspect of each college, but here are some pros and cons from an accommodation/facilities point of view:

- Goodricke is the nearest college to TFTV so it would be a great choice if you want to roll out of bed just before your lectures, but the other Heslington East colleges are slightly more recently built (Goodricke was built in 2009, Langwith opened in 2012, and Constantine was brand new for 2014)
- Langwith doesn't have its own common room, but you have access to the Goodricke and Constantine common rooms. It is, however, home to the Glasshouse - a really great bar run by the Students' Union.
- Constantine is the furthest college from TFTV, but it's still only about 5 minutes' walk away. It's also home to our only 'Deluxe' accommodation, which has a TV and sofas in the shared kitchens.

I hope that's a help, but let me know if you have any more questions!

- AM
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending