The Student Room Group

Women taking selfies together all night whilst sitting in the corner of a nightclub

Even though they can't hear each other from the loud, blaring music surrounding them; a picture tells a thousand words. These ladies aren't stupid, they know this.

The womenfolk have a mission tonight and it involves blocking the phallic instruments of those brutes that dare step in their friend's path with the utmost amount of impertinence one can muster then afterwards laughing hysterically at the dejected mechanism with her companions.

Oh what a night! How these women will look back on their University years with such nostalgia! They will remember comical moments in their elder years with such glee! "Oh Sophie, do you remember that time we took a picture of Angela's worst angle when she wasn't looking and uploaded it to her Instagram?"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*Gets popcorn* :colone:
Reply 2
Charlie Brooker got it right: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2007/aug/13/fashion.comment

I'm convinced no one actually likes clubs. It's a conspiracy. We've been told they're cool and fun; that only "saddoes" dislike them. And no one in our pathetic little pre-apocalyptic timebubble wants to be labelled "sad" - it's like being officially declared worthless by the state. So we muster a grin and go out on the town in our millions.

Clubs are despicable. Cramped, overpriced furnaces with sticky walls and the latest idiot theme tunes thumping through the humid air so loud you can't hold a conversation, just bellow inanities at megaphone-level. And since the smoking ban, the masking aroma of cigarette smoke has been replaced by the overbearing stench of crotch sweat and hair wax.

Clubs are such insufferable dungeons of misery, the inmates have to take mood-altering substances to make their ordeal seem halfway tolerable. This leads them to believe they "enjoy" clubbing. They don't. No one does. They just enjoy drugs.

I must have been to clubs hundreds of times in the last four years. I used to think i enjoyed them, then i realised i'd just spent enough money on alcohol to believe i liked them.

Ever been to a club sober? You'd be lying if you said you'd enjoyed it. Anyone who claims to enjoy them sober simply has nothing better to do.

The second thing that struck me was frightening. They were all photographing themselves. In fact, that's all they seemed to be doing. Standing around in expensive clothes, snapping away with phones and cameras. One pose after another, as though they needed to prove their own existence, right there, in the moment. Crucially, this seemed to be the reason they were there in the first place. There was very little dancing. Just pouting and flashbulbs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by james1211

Ever been to a club sober? You'd be lying if you said you'd enjoyed it. Anyone who claims to enjoy them sober simply has nothing better to do.

Actually this is how I came to these realisations and made the thread. I went to a club sober on Saturday by myself and people-watched for a while.

Clubs are by far the easiest place for me to get sex though and that's the only reason I go. Much prefer bars and pubs for meeting strangers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Emil Cioran
Actually this is how I came to these realisations and made the thread. I went to a club sober on Saturday by myself and people-watched for a while.

Clubs are by far the easiest place for me to get sex though and that's the only reason I go. Much prefer bars and pubs and meeting strangers.

I guess they're a necessary evil then?
Reply 5
I guess they're a necessary evil then?

Depends if you like having one night stands. It was a necessary evil when I was younger, now it's just not worth the hassle. The music is always just way too loud and this new selfie culture is obscenely cringey.
Reply 6
Depends if you like having one night stands. It was a necessary evil when I was younger, now it's just not worth the hassle. The music is always just way too loud and this new selfie culture is obscenely cringey.

I wouldn't know, i get laid every day without needing to to go to a club :colone:

Yeah, the loudness is one thing i still don't understand. It would be perfect if it was a level that made it capable to have a conversation. Due to the volume i think they're one of the least social places you can go.
I wouldn't know, i get laid every day without needing to to go to a club :colone:

:nothing: Right. This is where I let you two boys enjoy your discussion

:getmecoat:
Reply 8
Original post by Madd Taurusette

Huh? You didn't even post in the thread until now.
They're just wannabes, they don't know how to party hard, so they pretend they do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Huh? You didn't even post in the thread until now.

Huh? Either way still leaving? I was going to reply and that bit threw it off :colonhash:
They will remember comical moments in their elder years with such glee! "Oh Sophie, do you remember that time we took a picture of Angela's worst angle when she wasn't looking and uploaded it to her Instagram?"

I think that'll be the least of their worst memories.
Reply 12
Huh? Either way still leaving? I was going to reply and that bit threw it off :colonhash:

C'mon we're all adults in here.

I can't believe this poster is allowed to constantly spam threads adding little-to-nothing to the discussion.
C'mon we're all adults in here.

You'd be surprised. And I was really kidding but people tend to take things literally on the net. I gotta add those "lol" spoilers :colonhash:
I can't believe this poster is allowed to constantly spam threads adding little-to-nothing to the discussion.

You spam the forums. Are you still upset because I called out that you tried to take an old photo of someone who isn't ISIS and say that they're ISIS like that's funny. :tongue:
You spam the forums. Are you still upset because I called out that you tried to take an old photo of someone who isn't ISIS and say that they're ISIS like that's funny. :tongue:

Hey! please do not get personal and offensive on this forum, thank you :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Charlie Brooker is of an age that when growing up, they were discos, and Club to most people was a chocolate biscuit.

Mind you, he's married Konnie Huq, jammy sod.
See, as a rule, I don't like clubs on a regular night. However there are some themed nights I can get into. For example, my uni did one where they gave out free snowcones and had all these CO2 machines. Bit childish I know, but I can have a laugh with that sort of thing. What I didn't enjoy were the nights of freshers that included unoriginal things like a school theme. I just wasn't interested.
Charlie Brooker got it right: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2007/aug/13/fashion.comment

I must have been to clubs hundreds of times in the last four years. I used to think i enjoyed them, then i realised i'd just spent enough money on alcohol to believe i liked them.

some truth

Original post by barnetlad
Charlie Brooker is of an age that when growing up, they were discos, and Club to most people was a chocolate biscuit.

Mind you, he's married Konnie Huq, jammy sod.
jammy indeed.shes a stunner for her age too!:O a wee stunner!

Quick Reply

Latest