The Student Room Group

Halloween Costumes 2014

Hey everyone!

So what's everyone going as for Halloween? Anyone being super creative and making their own costume?

I'm being so un-creative this year and have bought a super-girl one. I think it's really cute though. Not sure how I'm going to wear my hair and such yet.

A couple of years ago I actually made mine kind of. I was a fallen angel with big feather wings and a silk black dress with scary make up. Probably one of my favourite costumes!

I'll post pics when I'm home, if you want to do so too even better and we can show off!

Also everyone check out our Halloween Hub here!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
poverty ghost aka white sheet
Original post by iamu
poverty ghost aka white sheet

Haha love it, will it have a smiley face :h:
I'm going as zombie Snow White!

Last year I was Thor, year before was the TARDIS, year before that Pikachu.

Decided on zombie Snow White this year as want to do fun makeup, got liquid latex etc. coming!
I'm still struggling for ideas - did thor & the doctor last year, abe Lincoln the year before and zoidberg before that - this year I've thought zz top, braveheart, bender, frank-n-furter... not settled on anything yet, with 8 days until the Halloween party I might have to just empty the wardrobe and work something out - mad scientist perhaps

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of my proudest Halloween moments....

A clown.... have put it in a spoiler as I know lots of people find clowns a little freaky and I was no exception! :ahhhhh:

Spoiler

Boyfriend went as a zombie hunter last year that was quite cool. What about beetle juice? That could be a scary one. :h:
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I'm still struggling for ideas - did thor & the doctor last year, abe Lincoln the year before and zoidberg before that - this year I've thought zz top, braveheart, bender, frank-n-furter... not settled on anything yet, with 8 days until the Halloween party I might have to just empty the wardrobe and work something out - mad scientist perhaps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't beat a good Zombification
Original post by Captain Jack

Can't beat a good Zombification

That's crazy how did you do that to your eyes?
Reply 9
zombie red shirt from Star Trek :tongue:
Omg that's amazing!! Is that what you're going as this year? Or last year?
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm recycling part of last year's Cthulhu costume (hand-knitted tentacles) to make this year's jellyfish costume. So far I've used an umbrella hat, an Ikea net curtain, and various hideous clothes from Asos (couldn't be bothered going into town for Primark :colondollar:). I am also contemplating hanging real pots of jelly from the umbrella hat, but not sure if it'll be too heavy. :holmes:

Looks like ebola.

I have a mate who said:

"How many people do you bet will dress up as ebola victims? :biggrin:"

:colonhash: lmao
Original post by superwolf
I'm recycling part of last year's Cthulhu costume (hand-knitted tentacles) to make this year's jellyfish costume. So far I've used an umbrella hat, an Ikea net curtain, and various hideous clothes from Asos (couldn't be bothered going into town for Primark :colondollar:). I am also contemplating hanging real pots of jelly from the umbrella hat, but not sure if it'll be too heavy. :holmes:

Cthulhu costume sounds interesting - besides the tentacles what was it?
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Cthulhu costume sounds interesting - besides the tentacles what was it?

Green felt wings, lots of horrible green knitting in varying shades of gross, a hat with tentacle beard-thing, tentacles, tentacles and more tentacles. I think I also smeared green makeup over my face too. I was a true monstrosity. :proud:
Original post by superwolf
Green felt wings, lots of horrible green knitting in varying shades of gross, a hat with tentacle beard-thing, tentacles, tentacles and more tentacles. I think I also smeared green makeup over my face too. I was a true monstrosity. :proud:

Sounds really cool!

Settled on my costume now - Ron Burgandy.
Original post by lyrical_lie
That's crazy how did you do that to your eyes?

LOL I think I'm just looking very sharply left! Otherwise it's just face paint :smile:

This thread has reminded me, I made a whole comic book strip with my sister once when we were Batman and Robinette. I'll have to dig that one out and see if anyone on TSR can do better next week!

That is BRILLIANT! :lol:
Original post by lyrical_lie

A couple of years ago I actually made mine kind of. I was a fallen angel with big feather wings and a silk black dress with scary make up. Probably one of my favourite costumes!

I'm tempted to try something like this now. A fallen angel costume would look cool.
Original post by Alesha1991
I'm tempted to try something like this now. A fallen angel costume would look cool.

Do it!! Would be so much fun!

All my face paint and face latex and stuff for creating my zombie wounds has arrived today!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest