UCAS Points?!

So,

I did AS

Geography -D (retaking so should go up)
English Language - C
ICT - B

and my predicted grades for A2 are:

BCC

I also do an EPQ where my predicted grade is A, however I think I can get an A*.

Can anybody help me out in terms of how many ucas points I will have achieved for Uni? Im finding this very confusing as different people seem to have different numbers!

thanks!
Reply 1
Not all unis count the EPQ when assessing applicants. BCC = 260 points. ABCC = 380 and A*BCC = 400

EDIT: just realised I can't add up...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by nerdcake
Not all unis count the EPQ when assessing applicants. BCC = 260 points. ABCC = 360 and A*BCC = 380.

thanks! right okay, how did you produce these numbers? so when I come out with three A levels (AS+A2) what are the tarrifs for each grade?
Reply 3
Original post by scott201
thanks! right okay, how did you produce these numbers? so when I come out with three A levels (AS+A2) what are the tarrifs for each grade?

http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables

if you have an AS and an A2 in the same subject, you only count the A2. You only need to remember 3 things: a B at A2 is worth 100, for every grade up or down you add on or take off 20, and an AS is worth half an A2. Or you can just look up the tables when you want to work something out :smile:
Hi Scott,

Best place to get the accurate points is the UCAS tariff, which nerdcake has posted above. If you want any more information regarding UCAS feel free to drop a message.
Reply 5
Original post by nerdcake
http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables

if you have an AS and an A2 in the same subject, you only count the A2. You only need to remember 3 things: a B at A2 is worth 100, for every grade up or down you add on or take off 20, and an AS is worth half an A2. Or you can just look up the tables when you want to work something out :smile:

Thanks, you've made perfect sense; I understand it now! haha

thanks again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending