The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Emil Cioran
You respond to me and then say don't feed the "troll" in your next post? Logic?

Why do I need statistics? You are the one who said the majority of vegetarians don't have vegetarian parents. I never said they did.

"Most vegetarians are not vegetarian because of their family beliefs."

It's hilarious how you ask for sources yet say things like this. Sources please.

You clearly misunderstood the thread/article completely. Being a vegan or vegetarian isn't genetic therefore it you can be influenced to be one through parenting. With less vegan parents in the world there will be less young people taught that "eating meat is bad" etc. The reason there are vegans and vegetarians now is because so many Hollywood celebrities and leftists are. It's TAUGHT.

If you think parents have NO influence over whether a child decides to be a vegan or vegetarian you are the troll who doesn't need feeding. Laughable.

To reiterate: all vegans and vegetarians won't die with no vegan or vegetarian parents in the world, the numbers would be incredibly low though.

To reiterate my point, which you clearly didn't read:

Most vegans do not have vegan parents. Unless you show evidence otherwise (because frankly that's a pretty basic proposition), that suggests that the largest source of new vegans et al are 'converts' and hence reducing the number of people who are 'born into' it as it were, is minimal. Besides which, for a gene to be likely to become dominant, it needs to have a significant (like 10%) advantage. Not being veggie does not confer this magnitude of advantage.
Interesting - I expect the next stage would be comparing meat eaters who drink soy milk with those who drink normal milk to test the phytooestrogen hypothesis?
Athletes tend to have lower sperm counts, too -- Hooray, they're going to die out! :rolleyes:

Latest