The Student Room Group

How much money do you have in your bank account?

I just wonder how much money students have... I currently have £1120.87 from my job over the summer holidays.

(I'm in sixth form.)

Scroll to see replies

Not enough
Like £200 I am looking to get it up to £1500 by the end of 2015 :biggrin: so I can start driving lessons

Posted from TSR Mobile
£143,000,004.26 when I win Euromillions tonight!
Reply 3
Original post by Huskaris

Remember that one time I was nice to you??

I have maybe £700 :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by Huskaris

Bloody hell... I wish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
£1435.86... the product of several year's savings...
27 pence, anyone feeling generous?
Reply 7
Original post by JamesJones777
27 pence, anyone feeling generous?
I have £0.05 :rofl:
£560 in current account, £900 in savings, £9,000 in ISA and £1,000 in a peer to peer lending thing.

I'm not a student though, I'm working and saving for a house, and that amount feels absolutely worthless when you start adding up costs of legal fees, moving fees, furniture etc.. *sigh*.
Reply 9
Around £3500, don't bother checking anymore, it never goes down.
:colone:
£194.27 in current account. This account gets used for food and petrol and day to day essential living, and bills come out of this account also.

£50.07 in birthday and christmas account. £30 gets put into this every week, and I dip into this as-and-when I spot things to buy people for their birthdays and/or christmas, and some of it goes towards birthday parties and so on.

£30.12 in car and emergency account. Self explanatory. This is for MOT and emergencies. I put £10 a week into this account, and spend from it when necessary.

£10.01 in school and extracurricular kids activities. I use this account to pay for kids karate lessons, and school trips, new items of uniform, non-uniform days etc. I put £10 a week in this and spend from it when necessary.

£26.01 in the leisure account. This is for us to actually have a life with (cinema, maybe a meal out etc.), but it inevitably usually gets spent on other more essential things. I put £26 a week in here.

£450.10 in our ISA. We use this account generally to save for taking the kids on a family holiday, but next year we're not going anywhere so we'll probably end up using it to take the kids on day-trips, and I need to get someone in to tidy up the garden. I put as much spare money as I can in here and try hard not to dip into it unnecessarily.
Basically have nothing left.

Maybe a 100 quid.

Although I don't get pocket money or anything so...

Should hopefully have around 700 by end of year maybe
(edited 9 years ago)
Probably about £300. I get paid in two days, so I might hit the dizzying heights of maybe about £360.

It would be more if driving lessons weren't so damn expensive. My mum pays half of it but it's still £20 a week. I keep telling myself that if I get these lessons now, I can get a car and then put more hours in at work.
wow some of you have a lot! and driving lessons are soooo expensive I agree, I'm lucky my parents paid for mine as I didn't have a job then.

also good luck Huskaris, you wish!
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
£194.27 in current account. This account gets used for food and petrol and day to day essential living, and bills come out of this account also.

£50.07 in birthday and christmas account. £30 gets put into this every week, and I dip into this as-and-when I spot things to buy people for their birthdays and/or christmas, and some of it goes towards birthday parties and so on.

£30.12 in car and emergency account. Self explanatory. This is for MOT and emergencies. I put £10 a week into this account, and spend from it when necessary.

£10.01 in school and extracurricular kids activities. I use this account to pay for kids karate lessons, and school trips, new items of uniform, non-uniform days etc. I put £10 a week in this and spend from it when necessary.

£26.01 in the leisure account. This is for us to actually have a life with (cinema, maybe a meal out etc.), but it inevitably usually gets spent on other more essential things. I put £26 a week in here.

£450.10 in our ISA. We use this account generally to save for taking the kids on a family holiday, but next year we're not going anywhere so we'll probably end up using it to take the kids on day-trips, and I need to get someone in to tidy up the garden. I put as much spare money as I can in here and try hard not to dip into it unnecessarily.

I love how you've organised this! :ahee: made me consider setting up something similar (no kids though aha)

I have +£600 after my loan went in when I was £1500 overdrawn and £1000 in savings, not to be touched unless I need to replace my car or some such other surprise expense.
Reply 16
£460 in my current account. (Used on a daily basis)

£27000 in my savings (mostly inherited I might add)

I also have a secret savings account that my both my Grandparents opened for me when I was born and have been adding to it throughout the years. I'm not allowed access to it until I'm 21.

Posted from TSR Mobile
£3.45 to last me until the 2nd of November, student life.
got about 700,000 British pounds thanks to my dad :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending