The Student Room Group

Contact after a break up?

I need clarification on contact post-breaking up with someone. I recently broke up with a guy I was with for a few months- he fell in love with me, but I didn't think we were working out and wanted to be on my own. I miss him, but as a friend I could talk to anything about. I don't really miss having him as a boyfriend. We still get on, circumstances mean we have to see each other several times a week, although only for extremely brief times (normally about 5-10 minutes).

The problem is I think he's contacting me more than is healthy. I know how he feels about me, and I think he needs time to get over me and move on. When someone has broken up with me I try and avoid contact, or I end up not being able to move on. I'm sure most people on here follow the same idea. But he still texts me every few days (not so bad, I guess), and just today asked me to meet him 'just for coffee' on Friday. I don't know how to handle this situation. With a previous ex, after we broke up I ignored him trying to contact me, as he would normally start off with just an average friendly conversation before then trying to get me to go back out with him. I feel I handled that break up badly, so I don't want to just ignore my latest ex.

How do you handle your ex contacting you in the first few days/weeks after a break up?
Reply 1
its easy. just ignore him and move on. u dont want him, and u shouldn't feel obliged or forced to contact him, he's just being ridiculous. get a new number, that's what i always do. problem solved :smile:
he's only after 1 thing anyway, and one thing only, he'll easily find it somewhere else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending